Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Well done BWP

edited April 2011 in General Charlton
Named in the League One team of the year:

League One Team of the Year: Davis (Southampton), Calderon (Brighton), Harding (Southampton), Greer (Brighton), Fonte (Southampton), Pilkington (Huddersfield), Bennett (Brighton), Lallana (Southampton), Oxlade-Chamberlain (Southampton), Mackail-Smith (Peterborough), Wright-Phillips (Charlton).

Comments

• Options
    So the key to being a top League one striker is having a double-barreled name.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]So the key to being a top League one striker is having a double-barreled name.

Lol
  • Options
    Do you think he'd have made it if he'd spent all season with us?
  • Options
    Lalana from saints is a top talent, and just what weve been missing for the past 5 years, if the board are seriuos about splashing the cash and saints dont go up then this he would be the sort of signing that would be most welcomed.
  • Options
    Bet Barnard, Lambert and Murray were a bit gutted!
  • Options
    We will have enough trouble keeping him over the summer without him appearing in L1 team of the year.

Too good for L1 and too good for us at the moment.
  • Options
    really hope we keep him and he stays fit the majority of next season, he will be the key - he's our 25 goal a season striker.

his little flick, turn and shot saturday was something most of our other strikers could only dream of.

I actually think he works alot harder than people give him credit for, he gets frustrated - but mainly only cause he always wants the ball.
  • Options
    We'll keep him, for the first summer in a long time we don't have any pressure to sell.
  • Options
    Amazing to think he has played in two crap teams this season
  • Options
    I don't think there are quite enough S'oton players in this list.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]his little flick, turn and shot saturday was something most of our other strikers could only dream of.

That was a great little move and deserved a goal
  • Options
    well done him but how glen murray didn't get in
  • Options
    Agreed, Ledge. He has been pretty awesome this season.

Well done BWP - hopefully you will get player of the year next season due to your bagfuls of goals for the mighty Addicks in their all conquering season of triumph!
  • Options
    I can only think it's because BWP has scored the goals playing in pretty ordinary teams, whereas Murray has played alongside some decent players all season who have helped him score so many.
  • Options
    "@CharlieeBenn: @bwp10 RT this if your not leaving #cafc this summer!".
  • Options
    Of all the names there, Greer is the one that would probably have helped us the most, but I'm guessing he wouldn't have been entirely welcome in our dressing room after the playoffs........
  • Options
    Just imagine if we had a good season next year and a big man like Grant Holt up front with BWP......

BWP really could score stacks of goals with decent service and support
  • Options
    My player of the half a season. Been said before in previous posts on here already but with decent service and support he could be the next Mendonca. I'll even forgive him for the p*** poor pen at County!
  • Options
    He's a far better player than i thought he was before he arrived. It's clear he's only really a goalscorer but i agree, given the right service, in the right team, he could be very dangerous.
  • Options
    he is clearly not 'only a goalscorer' has a better first touch than anyone else in our side.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Alongside someone like Paul Hayes he would score, and create, even more.

He has his limitations (which is why he was playing league 1 football when we signed him) but he can score goals and his movement is good. He's not going to track back much but he does put a shift in.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Alongside someone like Paul Hayes he would score, and create, even more.

there is a guy plays up front for Rochdale, McSomething, who I reckon could be the perfect foil for BWP. Not prolific but has about 13 for the season and alongside someone getting 20+ would be ok. Pacy and can hold the ball up too. Worth a watch next Monday.
  • Options
    Eltham my thoughts exactly, I think he is a clever footballer with a great touch & awareness & the ability to find/create space that others don't see. At this level at least a great striker. Killer never tracked back unless there was a ruck going on & I don't recall Clive Mendonca doing a lot of tracking back either though he did a lot of work holding the ball up to bring others into the game.
  • Options
    I think he worries defenders, not in the same way a lump like Sodje did (and did very well) but in the sense that they will always be aware he is going to be looking for space and any slip may well end up costing them a goal. That would let someone like Benson (who IMO is more of a 'pure' goalscorer) the chance to make the most of their distraction.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Alongside someone like Paul Hayes he would score, and create, even more.

there is a guy plays up front for Rochdale, McSomething, who I reckon could be the perfect foil for BWP. Not prolific but has about 13 for the season and alongside someone getting 20+ would be ok. Pacy and can hold the ball up too. Worth a watch next Monday.

I like the sound of this Mc Something of Rochdale. Let's see if he can out pace old Doc on Monday. Is he related to McOxo by any chance?
  • Options
    edited April 2011

I like the sound of this Mc Something of Rochdale. Let's see if he can out pace old Doc on Monday. Is he related to McOxo by any chance?

No, this guy's called McSomething..........our one's called McNothing
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: grumpyaddick[/cite]

if he can't then maybe we'll leave it eh !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: grumpyaddick[/cite]

I like the sound of this Mc Something of Rochdale.Let's see if he can out pace old Doc on Monday. Is he related to McOxo by any chance?

if he can't then maybe we'll leave it eh !

If McSomething is too quick for old Doc we could bring on our McNothing to double up on him. Mc Something would be guranteed a hat-trick then.

What we really need for next season is McScore, McDefend and McTackle not just McSomething.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Named in the League One team of the year:

League One Team of the Year: Davis (Southampton), Calderon (Brighton), Harding (Southampton), Greer (Brighton), Fonte (Southampton), Pilkington (Huddersfield), Bennett (Brighton), Lallana (Southampton), Oxlade-Chamberlain (Southampton), Mackail-Smith (Peterborough), Wright-Phillips (Charlton).

The good news is that If Soton & Hudds get up with Brighton they will all be gone next season. Mackail-Smith will be transferred if Posh stay down.
    Only BWP will remain with us :-)