Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stewart: We were unlucky to lose Terriers match

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/8979836.Stewart__We_were_unlucky_to_lose_Terriers_match/

Comments

• Options
    Interesting comment from that piece: “I was about to sign at Leeds but things fell through at the last minute and my agent said Charlton could be an interesting move. I thought ‘why not?’ because I need to play football.”

Yeah, why not..?
  • Options
    to be fair, why wouldn't he choose Leeds over us if he was offered a contract there !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]to be fair, why wouldn't he choose Leeds over us if he was offered a contract there !
    Exactly, looks like we were more of a 'back-up'...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]to be fair, why wouldn't he choose Leeds over us if he was offered a contract there !
    Exactly, looks like we were more of a 'back-up'...

So the likliehood is that he won't resign with us then as he sees himself playing at a higher level and he's proved his fitness with us
  • Options
    Thought he was excellent on Saturday, looks like the sort of player who you can build a team around. Would love to see him here next season.
  • Options
    Considering we weren't his first choice and a club in the league above were interested, and there being no loyalty with players today I doubt he will sign next year all he has done is use us to show other clubs what he is capable of.
  • Options
    Money talks, if the new owners are able to offer more money than his suitors in the Championship or Scotland then I imagine we'll get him - I can't imagine the move to Turkey was career or family motivated. Southampton have signed plenty of players that Championship clubs will have been interested in.
  • Options
    I'd be very disappointed if he was brought in just for this season, given that we had nothing to play for when he arrived, so i am hoping that CP and co believe we haven a half decent chance of retaining him, not guaranteed, but half decent.
  • Options
    Players sign for the clubs that want them and offer the best deal in terms of wages, length of contract, level, location, first team chances etc. That is nothing new.

Clubs sign the players that they want and can afford (or not sometimes) and let others go. That is nothing new.

We gave him a 3 month contract so we hardly stuck our necks out. In the summer he and we will choose what is the best deal available.

If there are better, cheaper mid-fielders out there we'll say bye, bye without a second thought.

If he gets a bigger wage or a better or more local club to where his family lives he'll do the same.

Can't see the problem.