Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Would you

edited April 2011 in General Charlton
Sign Kevin Lisbie on a Bosman when his Ipswich contract expires?

Pros: Knows Powell and the Club. Has proved himself in the championship and this level.

Cons: Loves an injury a la Anyinsah and 33 in October (yes that promising youngster is nearly 33!)

Discuss

Comments

• Options
    Colchester are very keen on doing a deal. Would not be surprised if Powell was interested.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    NO, he nicked a living off us for years....we've given him a very comfortable life, don't go back
  • Options
    How many times do you give someone a chance!....

my instincts are to say no, BUT, if the bloke wants to come to us on a pay to play contract or a 1 year graduated scale contract,
    i.e. start 10 games, score 5 goals, then a bonus per game/goal or some such configuration , worth a punt!

I felt that we gave more than we got so I would need convincing!
  • Options
    why is it the some people want to get back all our ex-players...........he's been & gone, get over it !!
  • Options
    i fear that the bloke who sits in front of us would actually explode if that happened
  • Options
    At the end of the day, I don't care if he didnt score in his previous spell with us, if he can do it for us now, why not??
  • Options
    He'd be better off at Colchester - they like him there.
  • Options
    Kevin Lisbie - Would ya.

Nah.
  • Options
    I think we need to understand that we are serious about going back to the top, and this is not the way.
  • Options
    No. Don't like him since he gave it large after scoring against us. Plus he's getting on and I don't think it would ever work for him at Charlton, he would only have to miss a couple of chances and the fans would be on his back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's just made my blood run cold...
  • Options
    I think you know my response to that one Len lol
  • Options
    NO!!!
  • Options
    considering every striker in our squad is probably better than him... No!
  • Options
    we should try and get billy paynter hes not getting much football
  • Options
    Erm.....no.
  • Options
    yep he was complete shite for us IN THE FECKIN PREMIERSHIP, well wake up we aint there no more.Kevin Lisbie would have done a very good job for us in the championship let alone this crap level of football.I wouldn't want he back because I don't think I could bear to listen to the crap he would get thrown at him.But he would be a very good signing for somebody.
  • Options
    No thanks
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SECAFC[/cite]we should try and get billy paynter hes not getting much football

Cos he's constantly injured.
  • Options
    He's out injured at the moment, so Millwall are thinking of recalling a loanee.

No thanks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Defo.. the boy has class. Not at prem level maybe, but shown enough quality everywhere since. A nice bloke too, in the charlton tradition, even if he was charltonised along the way.

Got me to thinking, maybe we'd be better off if we did actively go for some of our old players. It's something we don't seem to do much of, perhaps because of the high turn over of managers in recent years. Plenty i'd stay away from but Lisbie, yes please
  • Options
    Watford away, Lisbie cost us our Premiership place that year, then gave it when he scored against us. He's not as good in the air as Benson, not as good a finisher as BWP and not as strong as Anyinsah. no thanks
  • Options
    Not right for us. Could be a good signing for someone else though.
  • Options
    lisbie no would not have him back and i dont think we would wana come back.

If we want an old face to play for us again Id like to see Jason Euell come back.
  • Options
    I'm in the camp of thinking that although he's decent enough for our crap level it just wouldn't work out. Too much baggage from before and he'd just become a scape goat. Good luck to him wherever he ends up.