Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parkinson to Arsenal

edited April 2011 in General Charlton
Did he go to Arsenal as a scout or was that an April Fool's joke - i lost track of that story. Can anybody advise?

Comments

• Options
    " Parky is scouting for Arsenal and has been since he left cafc" This is what Richard from SLP told me.
  • Options
    The jenkinson connection?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: DartfordAddick[/cite]The jenkinson connection?[/quote]

If that is correct then he's more of a w@nker than I thought
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DartfordAddick[/cite]The jenkinson connection?

Why?

He is being paid by Arsenal to scout for players. We sack him, he gets employed to do another job, I don't see why he is a w@nker
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: DartfordAddick[/cite]The jenkinson connection?[/quote]

If that is correct then he's more of a w@nker than I thought[/quote]

Why?

He is being paid by Arsenal to scout for players. We sack him, he gets employed to do another job, I don't see why he is a w@nker[/quote]

What you said
  • Options
    Might get himself a nice assistant managers job at the end of the season as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]

Why?

He is being paid by Arsenal to scout for players. We sack him, he gets employed to do another job, I don't see why he is a w@nker

What you said

Maybe its some of the Charlton fans that are W

Doubt Parky had any influence. surely he would have played him if he thought that highly of him.

Not that I have anything against Parky.
  • Options

Yeah fancy doing his job to the detrement of the people that sacked him.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: DartfordAddick[/cite]The jenkinson connection?[/quote]

If that is correct then he's more of a w@nker than I thought[/quote]
    Yeah fancy doing his job to the detrement of the people that sacked him.[/quote]

If Parkinson has persuaded Jenkinson to not sign with us for the benifit of Arsenal, then I make PL54 right.

Clearly it's alright to take liberties if you're seen as "a nice bloke" cos I doubt if anyone would have been so generous had it been Pardew and Newcastle insted of Parkinson and Arsenal.
  • Options
    Do you really think that Arsenal would have signed Jenks purely on Parkies say so ? They would have already have been keeping an eye on him for a year or so at least and then when he made a couple of first team appearances and did well then made there move. I doubt Parky would have had any input until well after he left us by which time the deal was nearly done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Do you really think that Arsenal would have signed Jenks purely on Parkies say so ? They would have already have been keeping an eye on him for a year or so at least and then when he made a couple of first team appearances and did well then made there move. I doubt Parky would have had any input until well after he left us by which time the deal was nearly done.

Precisely. Man Utd were rumoured to be looking at him last summer so already on big clubs radar.

Even if they did ask Parky and he gave them his opinion can't see how that is taking liberties. That's his job now.
  • Options
    If it was really down to Parky, I would have thought he would be more likely to point them towards Solly, who featured for him, or Cousins who probably has more potential than either. Jenkinson was probably on the radar anyway, but in either case it was HIS call whether to sign for us or take his chances elsewhere, not Parkinson's.
  • Options
    I hope he is, or that he's gainfully employed somewhere. Given the poor management from the top that we have experienced in the last four years it would be foolish to lay the blame solely at one employee's feet. And frankly, to be working at one of the great clubs in world football for one of the game's most respected managers is not too shabby, even if the money won't be as good as what he was on.
  • Options
    Solly was at Arsenal as a youngster so I expect they already know all about him.
  • Options
    What Large and Henry said. Clubs are watching players all the time. They're aware of who the promising players are. No doubt clubs have watched the likes of Cousins and Diego Poyet play for our u18s, England youth sides etc.

From what has been said it seems Arsenal need a young right back, he's progressed well in the last year and is available.
  • Options
    I remember Hoyte coming through and being hailed as a future England right back
  • Options
    I heard today that Jenkinsons dad was told he should become an agent. Then he could represent his son and everyone in Casa Jenkinson is a winner