Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

First truly shocking RIP of the year and no post

No offence to others who have RIPed for people they cared about more, but this is the only message board in the UK that hasn't got an RIP thread for the first real shocker of the year for me. Elisabeth Sladen (Sarah Jane Smith), who died today of cancer aged 63. The first crush of most people aged 35-45, the nicest person in the whole of British acting, the best Dr Who assistant ever, and star of the best kids TV show ever made (The Sarah Jane Adventures). Genuinely shocked. A real bolt from the blue. RIP. Hope you are well treated in that great TARDIS in the sky x

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, got to say this was a sad one.
    Here in Sydney there is a breakfast radio show hosted by a guy called Adam Spencer, who is into most science topics and who loves Doctor Who.
    He played some clips of Jon Pertwee and Elisabeth Sladen from the show today and plenty of theme music.

RIP
  • Options
    A real shock when I saw this this morning. Remember her well and she was always a topic of conversation as a teenager at an all boys school.
    RIP
  • Options
    It was a real shock to me when I read about it last night. She was working until very recently yet I read that she'd had cancer for some time.
  • Options
    Very sad. She was the first Dr Who assistant for me & the best!
    When she made a comeback it was like I'd gone back in my own Tardis.

RIP Sarah Jane xxxx
  • Options
    Agree with KBslittlesis, first and best. As well as being in some of the recent ones, she' had her own spin off show. Mind you she was also in some old rubbish, Coronation Street, Doomwatch, Peak Practice...

RIP
  • Options
    I saw this on BBC breakfast this morning and was shocked and saddened to hear of her death at only 63. As others have said one of the best Dr Who assistants ever.

RIP Elisabeth
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Agreed, lets hope she carries on fighting the daleks in the sky

Sarah Jane Dr Who Confidential
  • Options
    Definitely the best - She was the hottest assistant and I doubt anybody will overtake her. My son loves the SJA and she looked so good in them. A real shock and really sad - RIP.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear this. Strange one for me because the BBC gave it good attention this morning, but I didn't have a clue who she was. Shows clearly the power of Dr Who specifically and television generally. RIP.
  • Options
    Just talking about this at work. Very shocked too. Had no idea she was so ill. A real shame. RIP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    :'( RIP
  • Options
    a true icon of our tv generation, real shame
  • Options
    RIP.
  • Options
    Met her once with my Dad about 2 years ago, lovely women. RIP
  • Options
    RIP Liz Sladen. I've been watching a lot of her stories with Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker on YouTube lately. It is a real shock, especially as we lost Nicholas Courtney (Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart) recently as well.

She was a great looking girl but Janet Fielding (Tegan), Sarah Sutton (Nyssa) and Nicola Bryant (Peri) were just as good.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    aye but she was good looking in the seventies, quite an achievement.. ;) they were all fairly attractive though, some needed to keep quiet though particulary the Kiwi as I recall, or was it American?
  • Options
    F**K !
    1st time in 24 hours i've looked at a computer & read this.

Sorry........
    RIP "Sara-Jane".