Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Neil Lennon - Parcel Bomb

Was shocked to hear this, if it was me, dunno if I'd be able to stay in the game there.
Find it amazing how people can take things so far.

Comments

• Options
    Lennon winds the idiots up. The thing that irritates me is that it was sent to the training ground so even if it had got through it would have doubtlessly just injured a staffer, but I don't suppose the people that do these things care one way or the other.
  • Options
    Shocking but that's sectarianism in all it's glory.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Lennon winds the idiots up.

How? Being the manager of Celtic? Being ginger?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]

Probably the last one
  • Options
    Yes, he winds people up so just send him a letter bomb, perfectly justified I am sure.

Feck me, the whole Celtic-Rangers bullshit is just so tedious.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Just in case you forget, there is always a timely reminder about what a crazy world we live in. I remember a GMTV interview with Paul Elliot some years ago. The interviewer was talking to him about his career and great matches he had taken part in, and alluded to the Celtic - Rangers derbies as surely being up there. Elliot said something along the lines of quite the opposite, because the atmosphere/ rivalry was fueled by bigotry. I think he hit the nail on the head.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Lennon winds the idiots up. The thing that irritates me is that it was sent to the training ground so even if it had got through it would have doubtlessly just injured a staffer, but I don't suppose the people that do these things care one way or the other.[/quote]

I'm sure you didn't mean it but I don't see any difference whether the bomb injures Lennon or a staffer?....staff are also human beings!
  • Options

There is that!!

can't stamnd Lennon, whenever I see him on tv he always seems to be snarling, but sending him bombs? He also seems to be a hate figure from N I reland and gave up international football due to death threats and ha been followed by death threats for sometime. Seems to us incomprehensible whether its about religion or football.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Yes, he winds people up so just send him a letter bomb, perfectly justified I am sure.

Wait a minute, what on earth has this got to do with Rangers ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Yes, he winds people up so just send him a letter bomb, perfectly justified I am sure.

Yes, the bomb was probably sent by Kilmarnock fans who are devout Hindus.

Jesus wept.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Jesus wept.
  • Options
    Here we go again !
  • Options
    Lennon is one hard bastard,ally mccoist shits himself in his presence
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]Lennon is one hard bastard,ally mccoist shits himself in his presence
    Wrong way round Nolly.

Lennon caused the refs to go on strike, unfortunately the people he annoys aren't your average fan.
  • Options
    lol i know his quite unique
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Lennon winds the idiots up. The thing that irritates me is that it was sent to the training ground so even if it had got through it would have doubtlessly just injured a staffer, but I don't suppose the people that do these things care one way or the other.

I'm sure you didn't mean it but I don't see any difference whether the bomb injures Lennon or a staffer?....staff are also human beings!

Yes but the staffers had nothing to do with winding up anybody. They'd be on the receiving end of something intended as retribution for someone else's actions...
  • Options
    The matter is in my opinion related to historical immigration / emigration across the Irish Sea, religion being being a way of displaying the difference but not the cause. Neil Lennon, through no fault of his own, but by virtue of origins/ career choice /beliefs becomes a focal point of this.

Clearly any right minded person, whether they support Rangers/ Celtic / other finds the idea of sending bombs in the post repugnant.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Yes, he winds people up so just send him a letter bomb, perfectly justified I am sure.

Feck me, the whole Celtic-Rangers bullshit is just so tedious.[/quote]

Wait a minute, what on earth has this got to do with Rangers ?[/quote]

Jesus wept.[/quote]

There is a story, perhaps urban myth, of a Sikh who moves to the West of Scotland. Upon arrival, he is asked his religion and he replies Sikh. The other person then asks yes but are you a Catholic Sikh or a Protestant Sikh.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SheffieldRed[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]

Jesus wept.

There is a story, perhaps urban myth, of a Sikh who moves to the West of Scotland. Upon arrival, he is asked his religion and he replies Sikh. The other person then asks yes but are you a Catholic Sikh or a Protestant Sikh.

There's probably some truth in that!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Lennon winds the idiots up. The thing that irritates me is that it was sent to the training ground so even if it had got through it would have doubtlessly just injured a staffer, but I don't suppose the people that do these things care one way or the other.

Definitely, just more that from the point of the people that were doing it, they were only going to hit an innocent (assuming that they believe Mr Lennon is guilty) target because they weren't even bothered to find his address.

He's weighed in with a few comments about united Ireland and refused to play for NI. Doesn't excuse this nonsense but most people from Glasgow/NI know the score and stay out of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    whys he got to stay out of it,he holds a view.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    The first thing I'm going to say is there is no excuse or place for this type of thing in football or in life in general...no excuse or place whatsoever.

I'd like to make one point and that is, why did Martin O'Neill who came from a very similar background to Lennon and did the same job never get any threats or abuse?

Is it anything to do with Lennons sportsmanship? We are told that he is competitive and has a right to be as emotional on the touch line as he was on the pitch, fine but what I see is someone who is out of control and accuses all of being cheats or biased when things go wrong for him. So his attitude could have a major bearing on why many do not like him. The referees strike in Scotland was down to him.

What about his off the field adventures? We are told that poor Neil has been the victim of numerous attacks. I don’t think anyone, certainly not me would suggest that he deserved to be beaten as badly as he was in Ashton Lane last year. Why does he get involved in these scrapes? Is it because he is targeted or does he contribute to getting himself involved? The video of him singing ‘Rangers are shite’ and numerous accounts of his attitude in his private life would suggest he may have some contribution. He is a public figure that will get attention and as such must behave in manner different from ‘normal’ people – a reality of our celebrity world, unfortunately. Other high profile people from both sides manage to live a reasonably "normal" life away from football.

Linked to this are other controversial statements. The most glaring example recently has been the pandering to the lowest common denominator of the Celtic support, praising a group (The Green Brigade) that regularly sing "folk" songs about sectarian killers and elude to such organisations (IRA) in inflammatory banners regularly seen at Celtic games..

I’m willing to give poor little Neil the benefit here and be willing to accept he may not be being advised well from within Celtic Park. However, as a responsible adult allowing himself to become involved has not won him many friends in reasonable society.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]... allowing himself to become involved has not won him many friends in reasonable society.
    Or in unreasonable society by the looks of things.
  • Options
    Mortimerician, didnt he stop playing for NI after sectarian abuse and damage to his property? He used to play for them im sure.

Think that was the case anyway without googling.
  • Options
    Neil Lennon is a horrible Ginger slutbag!! I hate ginger people.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Neil Lennon is a horrible Ginger slutbag!! I hate ginger people.[/quote]

I was going to say iz it cos he is ginger rather than anything else?
  • Options
    fair enough dft but i get the feeling lennon is the type of bloke who will never shut up,never fazes him it seems
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]The first thing I'm going to say is there is no excuse or place for this type of thing in football or in life in general...no excuse or place whatsoever.

I'd like to make one point and that is, why did Martin O'Neill who came from a very similar background to Lennon and did the same job never get any threats or abuse?

Is it anything to do with Lennons sportsmanship? We are told that he is competitive and has a right to be as emotional on the touch line as he was on the pitch, fine but what I see is someone who is out of control and accuses all of being cheats or biased when things go wrong for him. So his attitude could have a major bearing on why many do not like him. The referees strike in Scotland was down to him.

What about his off the field adventures? We are told that poor Neil has been the victim of numerous attacks. I don’t think anyone, certainly not me would suggest that he deserved to be beaten as badly as he was in Ashton Lane last year. Why does he get involved in these scrapes? Is it because he is targeted or does he contribute to getting himself involved? The video of him singing ‘Rangers are shite’ and numerous accounts of his attitude in his private life would suggest he may have some contribution. He is a public figure that will get attention and as such must behave in manner different from ‘normal’ people – a reality of our celebrity world, unfortunately. Other high profile people from both sides manage to live a reasonably "normal" life away from football.

Linked to this are other controversial statements. The most glaring example recently has been the pandering to the lowest common denominator of the Celtic support, praising a group (The Green Brigade) that regularly sing "folk" songs about sectarian killers and elude to such organisations (IRA) in inflammatory banners regularly seen at Celtic games..

I’m willing to give poor little Neil the benefit here and be willing to accept he may not be being advised well from within Celtic Park. However, as a responsible adult allowing himself to become involved has not won him many friends in reasonable society.

And the reasons for sending bombs to two other well known Celtic fans are?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]The first thing I'm going to say is there is no excuse or place for this type of thing in football or in life in general...no excuse or place whatsoever.

And the reasons for sending bombs to two other well known Celtic fans are?

Special offer at the Post Office?
  • Options
    I neither know nor want to know particularly Neil Lennon's sectarian connections or otherwise.

However friends of my daughter in Leicester used to play snooker with him and he was regarded as unusual in that he apparently openly used to drink in the pubs "ordinary" people in Leicester drunk in rather than living in a "Premiership footballer" bubble. Doubtless, given the mindless idiots in every city and town these days, that lifestyle choice got him into a few scrapes.