Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

No play off push?????

edited April 2011 in General Charlton
Hi. I used to write on here sometimes when we (Leeds) were in lg1. I dont really follow lg1 much now but when I looked at the tables i was surprised your firmly sat in mid table. I would have had you in at least the playoffs this season and trying to make a go of the league.
Do you have a worse team than last season or is it just tougher?
Also how good are Brighton?Yes they won the league but what I saw of Southampton on the tele they looked very good too and am surprised Brighton are much better. Do they play passing football (like Norwich,Doncaster ) did or hoof it upto the strikers like Leeds did when him and wise were in charge?

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: spainboy[/cite]Hi. I used to write on here sometimes when we (Leeds) were in lg1. I dont really follow lg1 much now but when I looked at the tables i was surprised your firmly sat in mid table. I would have had you in at least the playoffs this season and trying to make a go of the league.
    Do you have a worse team than last season or is it just tougher?
    Also how good are Brighton?Yes they won the league but what I saw of Southampton on the tele they looked very good too and am surprised Brighton are much better. Do they play passing football (like Norwich,Doncaster ) did or hoof it upto the strikers like Leeds did when him and wise were in charge?

I remember you!

How's Lloyd Sam been doing?!

Brighton are head and shoulders the best team to have visited The Valley (with just two games to go). They play an aesthetically pleasing passing game and frankly played us off the park in the second half in particular.

As for us Phil Parkinson effectively papered over some gaping cracks in our squad for a while but eventually our true lack of quality showed. Chris Powell came in and gave us an initial lift but again the true lack of quality is showing through once more although he is trying to get us to play more football than we did a lot of the time under Parky.

This season has gone and apathy reigns. The hope (folorn some might say) is that next season, after strengthening in the summer, we do a Brighton.
  • Options
    Geezer's taking the piss.
  • Options
    Im sure he will be polite so not to offend,but hows Lloyd sam doing ? come on len..
  • Options
    Lloyd Sam's not played much for Leeds.

Just backs up what some said about expectations on him being far too high. Apparently he should have destroyed League 1, but if he was that good he'd have got into Leeds team/won his place back after his injuries.

Looks like no one will beat his (and Burton's) 10 assists last season. He did it while rarely playing 90 minutes with no goalscorers up front as well, even more impressive.
  • Options
    We've won just 1 in the last 15, which is sort of an indication of why we are where we are. Poor management.
  • Options
    The league is a worse standard than last season and our team is nowhere last seasons. If we'd had last seasons team this year, we'd have been promoted.
  • Options
    we were in the playoff positions, 3 points from second, when the new board sacked the current manager of the month and appointed a rookie manager
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]we were in the playoff positions, 3 points from second, when the new board sacked the current manager of the month and appointed a rookie manager

Have to disagree! He was November Manager of The Month, so he would have been the current manager of the month in December,other than that ......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]we were in the playoff positions, 3 points from second, when the new board sacked the current manager of the month and appointed a rookie manager

This
  • Options
    Lloyd Sam hasnt played much at all. Only the first few games of the season and he did quite well. Hes not a patch on Gradel though. He was injured and has only featured for reserves but now hes back on the Leeds's bench.
    Sorry to see your not pushing for a playoff position.Such a pity Millwall are doing ok this season, fair play to them but you will be graced with Sheffield UTD who many fans mocked Leeds when they went into lg1 so its so funny how things can turn around.
    Poyet seems to have done well with Brighton. They have won a lot of points,nearly 100 which is a good acheivement from a team that has been average in the past.

Hope u take 6 points from the blades next season!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: spainboy[/cite]Lloyd Sam hasnt played much at all. Only the first few games of the season and he did quite well. Hes not a patch on Gradel though.

told you that back when you signed him, all show no go.

another player who should be so much better