Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew on relegation

edited April 2011 in General Charlton
Pardew in the paper today (talking about Newcastle):
'The readjustment of relegation isn't always a bad thing. You can put things in line financially and the mentality of the club can change. It's never a bad trait in your life to be humbled.'

So there we have it. Relegation is such a good thing he decided we should have a double dose.

Comments

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Uboat[/cite]Pardew in the paper today (talking about Newcastle):
    'The readjustment of relegation isn't always a bad thing. You can put things in line financially and the mentality of the club can change. It's never a bad trait in your life to be humbled.'

So there we have it. Relegation is such a good thing he decided we should have a double dose.[/quote]

Well, he certainly humbled our club. Tosser.
  • Options
    Lol humility is something that goon doesn't deal in

But credit where credits due , he has done well there

It must be us we're the bok !!
  • Options
    Lol humility is something that goon doesn't deal in

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]Lol humility is something that goon doesn't deal in

There's something in that, he's done well everywhere since and before to be fair.
  • Options
    Not a popular view but as soon as Curbishley left and our artificial position in the premiership was re aligned with our means I don't think any manager could have stopped the tailspin that has been Charlton Athletic. Dowie, Reid, Pardew and Parkinson were all part of that tailspin and can anyone really yet say with conviction that we have actually bottomed out. Pardew et al was a disaster but so was practically every aspect of the club. hopefully a line has been drawn under all of that with the new board in place. Blaming Pardew and co for all our ills is tunnel visioned and doesn't take account of the bigger picture.
  • Options
    I nearly chocked on my cornflakes when I read that this morning!

I'd also dispute that he did well at West Ham. Okay he turned them into a cup team but let's not forget when he was sacked they were in a relegation fight and said as much at the time. One of those occassions when I'd have been very happy to have been proved wrong... :-(
  • Options
    Puts the K in Knob. If Newcastle were sane he would never have a job.
  • Options
    Newcastle are my bet to go down next year
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Danny Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]Lol humility is something that goon doesn't deal in

There's something in that, he's done well everywhere since and before to be fair.

No he hasn't. He struggled to get a good West Ham side promoted, blew a two goal lead in the cup final, would've got West Ham relegated had they not sacked him, under achieved at Southampton and hasn't done any better at Newcastle than Hughton would've done. They'll go down next year.
  • Options
    He's a good manager.