Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Young players to get a chance ?

edited April 2011 in General Charlton
Just read in the SLP that safe from relegation & promotion CP intends to blood some youngsters in the 4 games that we have left. Sensible move to at least give one or two 20/30 minutes so was interested to see which of our youth team players were in the team for today......err none ! Ok probably best to give them a run as a late sub so who's on the bench........err Solly.
Lets look at that team again, in goal a loanie Millwalls 3rd choice when we have Charltons 2nd choice on the bench, right back ? we don't appear to have one, just some donkey named francis. Left back some loanie from leeds, not very good lets hope he's not back on a permanent deal in the summer. Left wing Kyle Reid hasn't looked very good this season but not given many games in fact central midfielders are played on the wing in preference to playing him so at a guess not rated by our manager & i would imagine his days at the club are numbered as his contract is up in the summer. Who else is in midfield? A trialist who looks scared to put a tackle in, doesn't really offer much but is liked by our manager. Another loanie, this one from spuds who up to now hasn't offered us any more than we already had. Ecclestone who's this ? Liverpool had a highly rated youngster of the same name who played in all of their early season european games. He looked a dangerous front man for the scousers but the one that we've got has been shunted onto the right & left wing so it can't be him. Surely we wouldn't waste this talent would we ? oh it is him & he's been sat in the stand for half a season? Seems a waste to me. So are these youngsters that Chris Powell was talking about being given a few games actually other clubs youngsters ? Because stupidly I thought it might have been Charlton youth players being given an opportunity. Strange.

Comments

• Options
    more than likely to give youth a chance at home than away i wouldve thought, why play a young kid against a team that re fighting for their lives
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]more than likely to give youth a chance at home than away i wouldve thought, why play a young kid against a team that re fighting for their lives[/quote]

Would of thought it was easier for a youngster to play away, less pressure ? Rochdale are still fighting for a play off place & Walsall are fighting relegation, so that just leaves Hartlepool & surely he's not going to throw in 3/4 youngsters in one game ? So where are they going to play then ?
  • Options
    He won't.
  • Options
    he will

i reckon callum harriot will start next home game
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]he will

i reckon callum harriot will start next home game

Bet he won't even be on the bench.
  • Options
    Swift half in the lib after says he will
  • Options
    NLA - seriously, I hope he doesn't as it could be embarrassing. Seen him a lot for the U18's and he really is not ready yet. A clone of a very young Kyle Reid.
  • Options
    I reckon he will mate got a feeling he will start before end or season
  • Options
    He made the bench again then, all part of the learning process there's real high hopes for this lad
  • Options
    He may not of started but he finished the game, its great that the young players get a chance with no pressure , 5 mins today 15 next time and so on well done young harriot

Beers on you large
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite
    Beers on you large

If you are at the Bromley CP meeting I'll shout you a beer
  • Options
    Too far for me to do on work nights mate I can just about get to evening home games.

I am just glad he got on