Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SWINDON

edited April 2011 in General Charlton
last year play off final runners up.

this year relagated to leauge two.

Comments

• Options
    And we think we've had it bad!
  • Options
    The playoff curse strikes again
  • Options
    to think that could of been us.
  • Options
    Should never have sacked the manager and are paying for it now.
  • Options
    Just when you think you've got it bad............
  • Options
    and stockport are out of the fooball leauge unless they win their last two games 20-0.
  • Options
    Poor old Stockport, feel sorry for them.
  • Options
    atleast we can look up! bury is a leauge fixture next year. -.-
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AndyCAFC[/cite]atleast we can look up! bury is a leauge fixture next year. -.-

Last time we were in the same league as Bury we got promoted!
  • Options
    Stockport V Norwich was a League 1 fixture last season, next season they might be 4 league apart.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    After the way there fans were gloating outside the valley after beating us on penalties last year this has warmed my cockles.
  • Options
    Tipped this at the beginning of the season and didnt back it... makes me want to cry
  • Options
    Does show what happens if you sell your top strikers !!
  • Options
    That'll teach them for undeservedly beating us in the play-offs last year!
  • Options
    They got any good players we could nick on the cheap?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: east london Addick[/cite]They got any good players we could nick on the cheap?

scott cuthbert would do nicelyy
  • Options
    Serves them right for beating us on penalties.

And getting Parky the sack...and making Nicky Bailey cry...

And for not beatign Millwall.

Good riddance.

After thegame today looking at all the divisions, it shows how quickly things can change in football let's hope we can be in Norwich's position this time in 2 years.
  • Options
    Shows how tight and bad this league is, in that you only need to lose a couple of key players and you become a really bad side. If they had kept one of Austin and Paynter sure they'd be fine in mid table where they were when they won at The Valley. If they'd kept Greer and Ward aswell, they may be in the PO's.

Same with us, we are two or three good players away from being a really good side in this league.
  • Options
    BigRedEvil is my new hero.

Everything you said pal!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Shows how tight and bad this league is, in that you only need to lose a couple of key players and you become a really bad side. If they had kept one of Austin and Paynter sure they'd be fine in mid table where they were when they won at The Valley. If they'd kept Greer and Ward aswell, they may be in the PO's.

Same with us, we are two or three good players away from being a really good side in this league.[/quote]

We are at least 3 defenders away from being a good side.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bloody good. Bunch of jumped up Bristol rejects.
    Hated them coming here this year singing "we went to Wembley".
    Oh really, you did? HOW DID THAT GO?
    W*nkers.
  • Options
    Sold their two top strikers yet still beat us 4-2 at our home. Scary.
  • Options
    I'd have Douglas off them. Thought Alan O'Brien looked handy anytime I saw him play but had his contract cancelled.
  • Options
    We'll follow them next season. FACT.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]After the way there fans were gloating outside the valley after beating us on penalties last year this has warmed my cockles.
    All clubs have their idiots, we would've had (young) fans doing the same. That being said I hope they enjoy their trip to Crawley next season!
  • Options
    Anyone else actually laughing inside at Swindon?
    I remember them singing and taking the piss after the play-off semi at home last season.

"we're going to Portsmouth! You're going to Bournemouth!"

The above chant springs to mind, well how's this?

"We're going to Sheffield! You're going to Macclesfield!"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nordic Addick[/cite]Sold their two top strikers yet still beat us 4-2 at our home. Scary.

To be fair one of those two strikers played at The Valley and scored two of their goals if I remember rightly. He left shortly after.
  • Options
    it's made me a little happy inside, never liked them just one of them teams i have a unknown grudge against. wouldn't mind john paul mcgovern off them though. 
  • Options
    We definitely don't want any players from a team relegated out of this division. We picked the "cream"of Southend and look where that got us. We need to be targetting championship players or at least players from division one who have had a blinding season. Anything less and we will have more of the same I'm afraid. We need nine new first team players all of whom must be better than what we have or else we could be hanging around in this pony league for a long time. Now is the time to act whils this board are still up for it.