Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The difference between Pardoo and Curbs....todays Guardian

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
"We're going to attack the game. I feel the stadium will be very positive for us after the last two results and the performances. We need to capitalise on that. If we stand off Chelsea and let them dictate the game, that isn't going to do much for the crowd."

Curbishley NEVER mentioned the crowd or supporters in the press as a positive.

Even if we do go down I like the way Pardoo always excentuates the positive.

Not all that 'Can we be the team to win' old cobblers Curbs trotted out,

but 'We ARE the team to win'

CARN YOU REDS.

Comments

• Options
    I have missed one Curbs saying this year.

It's the old favourite "A Premiership team is going to win it, so why shouldn't it be us....?", followed by inevitable defeat in a Cup competition.
  • Options
    Curbs media output was hardly Brian Cloughesque....Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Danny Baker said he looked like a Tennis Coach.....
  • Options
    i didn't care how boring curbs was cos the results were good enough to keep us in the prem....we never had it so good!
  • Options
    One of Curbs strengths isn't his soundbiteability. Pards is definitely a class act when being interviewed. I like his positive approach, much like Redknapp in that regard. If his positivity rubs off on the players then its a huge asset for the fight ahead. Self belief in a fight can make a massive difference.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i didn't care how boring curbs was cos the results were good enough to keep us in the prem....we never had it so good!

Well we're all different. I got completely and utterly fed up with the crap he produced over the past 3 seasons or so.
    Staying in the Prem to me is not what following Charlton is about. Of course given the choice I'd rather be in there than not, but it's not the be all and end all as far as I'm concerned.
    I reckon Pards is the sort of bloke to run up and embrace players physically, Curbs was always so more stand-offish. Completely different personalities.
    While I respect all that Curbs did for the club, I am glad he has moved on as I think both he and the club needed it.
  • Options
    Bang on DJ DD, we don't want to get into another Curbishley debate here but you have summed up my own thoughts perfectly.
    I will never slag Curbishley off after all he did for us and I wish others had not forgotten his monumental work quite so quickly.
  • Options
    The reverse side of that argument is that Curbs very rarely had a negative word to say about our crowd.

Pardew calls a spade a spade, hence his comments regarding our rubbish away support at Pompey and Bolton is his programme notes. Curbishley only ever praised the positives, ie the 6000 that went to Boro but didnt mention the 150 that went to Bolton a couple of weeks later.

I have to say I prefer Pards more agressive nature.
  • Options
    The thing is we got four points out of six in front of rubbish away support, so job done!
  • Options
    and we get zero points out of six in front of good home support.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]and we get zero points out of six in front of good home support.....

lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Must admit I wanted to go to Pompey, but it was the wife's birthday...nuff said. I cannot for the life of me understand why the people who put the fixture lists together decided to have CAFC Vs Bolton (and other long distance travels) as a midweek game. It's very difficult to leave work at 5pm and get to the KO in Bolton. Fair play to all those that made it...
  • Options
    oohaahmortimer CommentTime24 minutes ago permalink
    'and we get zero points out of six in front of good home support..... '

Hmmm were you amongst the 'good home support' or reliving your youth?

You're always with your Tranny on Saturday afternoons.....