Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

20 Reasons why this season has been a success

Comments

• Options
    We'll get to go to the B2NET (Chesterfield) for the first time next season.
  • Options
    I haven't heard the dulcet tones of Emma commentating on us for months...where has she gone? can she stay there?
  • Options
    my daughters first season and she loves it and has yet to realise just how shite we've become, things can only improve for her (I hope)
  • Options
    We have a player in the team of the season
  • Options
    It's got me thinking about Buddhism as a way of coping... you might hear me chanting more next season!
  • Options
    semedo finally scored at the valley. Our manager sometimes wears a cool hat.
  • Options
    With a good start next year we at last have a manager that everyone can get behind.
  • Options
    We didn't lose 4-0 to Millwall and have to stay behind for an hour with a lump in our throats on a cold March afternoon.
  • Options
    Saturday afternoons at home on the sofa. Major success!
  • Options
    we are as far as we ever have been away from the nasty premiership.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We did manage to play away at a premiership club this year.
  • Options
    Tempting fate, but looks like we'll avoid finishing in our lowest league position for 85 years. (No I don't remember it!)
  • Options
    Unbeaten at the bernabeu
  • Options
    the takeover saga came to an end (sniff, sniff) and our clubs existence was secured.
  • Options
    Only go beaten by Spurs once.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    i got to a new ground - rochdale (on 3rd time of asking) and enjoyed the quietest traffic after a game for many a year, which made it all the more surprising to see their fans creeping out with 5 minutes to go.
  • Options
    The mark of a title winning team is to play badly, but still win games. We are half way towards this situation.
  • Options
    we filled the away end at spurs for once
  • Options
    One long time fan told me we were at the stage where, as a supporter, you feel at one with the players.

He rather spoilt it by then saying it was because most of the them were worse at football than we were :-)
  • Options
    the new manager successfully resolved the issue around inconsistency
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Biggest plus is financial future secured in the short term ... We will dust ourselves off and go again next season ... Emma leaving the commentary team is a MASSIVE bonus that nutcase sometimes wouldnt stop talking about kittens and magic garden bags even if a goal was scored ... Powell will learn massively from this season... Bwp... Benson seems to be coming good ...
  • Options
    we got a point at the withdean.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
     But can we get a point at Accrington next season?
  • Options
    The Lib is still open.
  • Options
    The Charlton Life website got a makeover! :)
  • Options
    We broke through the pain barrier - it no longer hurts when last minute winners go in against us.
  • Options
    millwall didn't go up and will now start the descent back towards league 1 and we've avoided going bust. This summer's transfer budget will decide if there's anything else.  
  • Options
    My sons first game,Carlisle away.
  • Options
    Parking & real ale
    Got to park at street away from the ground at Rochdale. Walsall went one better by having a car park right outside the away end.
    Real ale not just at the Valley but also Dagenham (shame it was only in the pre-match club bar and not the away end as well) and in theory Orient (allegedly very good, if you are allowed in the club bar).    
  • Options
    There has been no sign of Dennis Wise.