Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Back to the days of the covered end?

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
From 0 mins till their goal (then an understandable pause) and from 45min onward it reminded me of the old days.

Great atmosphere!

Was this because of the battling from the team or were we the reason for so much passion from the team?

Its so unusual for a Chelsea away contingent to get sung silent but we managed it today. I noticed on a few occasions that their "boys" tried to start a few songs going only to sit back down again pretty quickly cos they realised it was a waste of time! Even overheard some grudging respect mentioned on the platform & train back to Greenwich from the non plastic Chelsea fans.

Well done all! More of the same will see us through the season!

Can f'ing wait till the 24th!!!

Comments

• Options
    Can we keep it going for the remainder of the games left, let's hope so.
  • Options
    Good to see the manager calling for such support from the sidelines too
  • Options
    Was also nice to see Jose giving us some credit at the end of the game
  • Options
    I was in the lower north for a change today and am a little hoarse
    No not a pony!

I was thinking wow is it always like this in here?!

The sun was a bastard though for the start of both halves.
  • Options
    The singing and the crowd noise came over on the radio - and kept going to the final whistle.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Latimer[/cite]Good to see the manager calling for such support from the sidelines too

This is yet more reasons to be pleased with Pards.
  • Options
    Where are you normally SS?
  • Options
    East stand were great today.
  • Options
    I can take or leave the CAFC chant normally but the way we kept it going with a Valley Floyd Road in the middle and then off again was impressive.

That drummer must have arms like Schwarzniger (?spelling) after that!
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I saw him carrying the drum after the match - one of the skins was broken!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    that version of VFR in the middle of the CAFC gave me goosebumps. Brilliant atmosphere and i truly believe it inspired the players to that battling second half performance.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]that version of VFR in the middle of the CAFC gave me goosebumps. Brilliant atmosphere and i truly believe it inspired the players to that battling second half performance.

im glad to have caught that on my phone. ive uploaded it on you tube. link might not work yet only done it a few hours ago.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTudQyVlNEg
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    it hasnt. is there a way to post it straight on here?
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    It works now. Blimey.

I saw the drummer after the game - sporting a glowing blister on his thumb...
  • Options
    great singing,but do we really need to clap ourselves after?
  • Options
    Hey DJ -I echo your comment re the East stand today. Fantastic effort, great noise. Proves that we can do it. Great effort from the team and unlucky not to get summat out of the game...just sitting down to a nice fresh turkey for lunch - fell off the back of a lorry - should be OK though...Bootiful...
  • Options
    and to have lawro comment on charltons atmosphere on motd is certainly an achievement!! lets keep that up well done us!!!!!!!!!! and a very well done to the players worked very hard expecially marcus bent. He has improved alot since pards took over and his work rate yesterday desrved a reward.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I've just played the link about a dozen times.
    My chest swells with pride *ready now to go just a bit overboard....*

Great effort!
  • Options
    My old man and I have to take credit (along with MCS, Dowman et al) for starting that VFR off!!

Goosebump time!!
  • Options
    That tells me i have to move upstairs next season- I'm lower north, and although we made some noise yesterday it was nothing to that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2007
    I was thinking exactly the same thing!
  • Options
    Would be great if we could get every like minded person to be in a knot. That way the singing would be from a larger and louder group of people and far more likely to spread to those who might not want to start a song.
  • Options
    Ditto - I'm getting sick of the flask brigade around me this year - next year I'm movin' on up
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    that video has had 300 views on it now. everyone has got to pass the link on to get it on the most viewed youtube list! rate it 5 aswell. then the whole world will know that cafc has the greatest support and will want to join in! ;-)
  • Options
    edited February 2007
  • Options
    Great video - let's hope we have a few more starting with the W'ham game - gonna be a lot of noise that day!
  • Options
    I am a covered ender who was in the East saturday and the 1st half you lot were quiet as mouses hardly heard you all half apart from a few outbursts.

2nd half it was quality.