Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Di Canio in talks to become Swindon manager

2»

Comments

• Options
    Can't help feeling he's gonna be excellent. Don't know why just do. Would have been my choice to replace PP if we wanted to choose a rooky.
    Your thoughts now SHG?
  • Options
    Can't help feeling he's gonna be excellent. Don't know why just do. Would have been my choice to replace PP if we wanted to choose a rooky.
    Your thoughts now SHG?

Not first time I've been wrong and won't be last. Thanks for reminding me though ;0)
  • Options
    Di Canio not as dumb as he seems. BBC says this afternoon that Swindon looking to "off-load at least one of their first-team players". Looks like he sussed out McOxo pretty quickly
  • Options
    The player wanted to conduct a heated conversation with the coach in full public view.

PDC wanted him in the dressing room ASAP.

It got out of hand.
  • Options
    Leon Clarke has joined Chesterfield on a 3 month loan.
  • Options
    They're well shot.  What actually happened was that  Clark was arguing with the coach that he didn't want to bother coming in for training the next day.  PDC didn't want this kind of thing taking place on the pitch and told him to get to the dressing room.  Lazy Leon refused so Paulo moved him along.  I'd suggest giving a player who thinks he should get a day off training the day after a defeat and who thinks the most appropriate place to conduct the debate is in the centre circle minutes after the whistle's gone, is not the kind of guy you'd want around.  Good management.
  • Options
    If that was the case, I'd agree.
  • Options
    They're well shot.  What actually happened was that  Clark was arguing with the coach that he didn't want to bother coming in for training the next day.  PDC didn't want this kind of thing taking place on the pitch and told him to get to the dressing room.  Lazy Leon refused so Paulo moved him along.  I'd suggest giving a player who thinks he should get a day off training the day after a defeat and who thinks the most appropriate place to conduct the debate is in the centre circle minutes after the whistle's gone, is not the kind of guy you'd want around.  Good management.

I'd argue that had Di Canio done better homework on the player, he wouldn't have signed him in the first place. Like CP was saying yesterday, it's so important to do your homework on signings and make sure you're not lumbered with a wrong un. Hope Clarke's contract isn't too long as Swindon could be lumbered.
  • Options
    Can see him becoming England manager one day as the country lurches to the far right.  Ironically, just to prove we're not xenophobic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2011
    And to think a few on here were talking about us signing leon clarke! jesus wept!
  • Options
    Great read, Oakster.

I like the way he's building a tight unit of players, doing everything together.
    Any player who does not want to go along with his ethos, is simply removed from the scene.

It's one way of sorting the wheat from the chaff.
  • Options
    what a character
  • Options
    Legend
  • Options
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14858725.stm

great story, made me chuckle
    typical brillaint di canio