Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Walter Smith

Is currently looking for another job in football, having previously announced he would step down at Ibrox at the end of the season, but wishes to remain in the game.
Hugely experienced, has successfully managed a small squad with a limited budget (relative to main league rival) & worked alongside a likeable, able man who is a club legend.

Whilst I don't think there is a viable position for him to take at Charlton as things stand, if CP wanted him & if we could get him, he would be a fantastic acquisition.

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2011
    As a player? :)

Are you being serious here? Why would a man who has just taken his side to three league titles in a row drop down to division three in another country? No matter how shite the Scottish league is, I'd take an educated guess and say it's still something of a stretch to suggest he would be remotely interested in being assistant manager at a mid-tier division three side.

Maybe we should look at Carlo Ancelotti and see if he fancies being CP's number two...
  • Options
    Before diving in for Ancelotti we need to monitor the Avram Grant situation carefully...
  • Options
    The man is a legend
  • Options

Note the use of the word if. You're correct he almost certainly wouldn't come, it was merely a thought following the match today.
  • Options
    Avram Grant?
  • Options
    I can see him turning up at Old Trafford again. The man must ave so much money that he will nay really be interested in being involved at the very top of the game.

I would also, without being disrespectful, question just how difficult it is to win the Scottish Champnship with Rangers. Apparently today they won their 56th Scottish title. When you think that Man Utd made all that fuss about winning their 19th English title it does make you question just how difficult it Murray's task - especially with Celtic having such a novice manager, and an arse to boot.
  • Options
    His only time outside the pub league was 4 years at Everton ending in the sack. I don't think many Everton fans would use the word 'legend' when referring to Walter Smith.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    @kings hill addick

"I would also, without being disrespectful, question just how difficult it is to win the Scottish Champnship with Rangers."

Perhaps not in his early years but for the last three years it has been exceedingly difficult indeed.

Went through a run of five transfer windows without a single acquisition (the only one was Rothen on subsidised loan wages) and consistently lost his best performers: Alan Hutton, Pedro Mendes, Kris Boyd, Kenny Miller etc

Meanwhile comparatively Celtic have spent like kings on transfers and wages.
  • Options
    Prefer Di Canio
  • Options
    If celtic had a manager they would have won the title by xmas.