Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Poznan

isit only me who really wants to poznan? just once. everyone else seems to have adopted it!

Comments

• Options
    man city looked the nuts at wembley doing it
  • Options

I think it is absolutely PATHETIC. I'd rather do a Mexican Wave, and they are really sh1te.

• Options
    edited May 2011
    We should have done it for the whole 90 minutes this season, would have made the games more bearable.
  • Options
    Dave's hit the nail on the head - our season was 90 minutes! ;-(
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOIqy1mxXaU

The real Poznan is much better
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    With Chirpy on this... absolutely embarrassing and another example of English clubs forgetting our own footballing heritage and attempting to hijack European Ultra culture.

What's even more embarrassing is at least Man City were the first to do it over here, it's now been ripped off by a handful of English clubs and Celtic as well!

The original is class and tifo and 100% crowd involvement are amazing spectacles... that are not ours so why can't we accept that!
  • Options

Poznan doing it great.  Italian fans doing the Ultra stuff great. South American fans shooting each other great.

But only because it's original. Unbelievably cringeworthy and plastic when fans copy stuff like this whether it be Man City fans doing the Poznan, Palace doing the Ultra malarky or Millwall hiring a plane to mock rivals a week after it has been done by a tinpot northern club and 2 years after Palce fans mooted it for our relegation.

Thats' what is great usually about football in this country...the originality, wit and off- the- cuffness of it all.  All this pre- meidtated, forced displays just suggest to me that there are a lot of modern football "fans" that would probably be more comfortable directing musicals than going to football.

• Options
    edited May 2011

i like it ..... everything starts somewhere and Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

it looks good , better than 15k of deadbeats at charlton sitting down bored senseless

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2011
    15k? You do have a good memory OoAhh!
  • Options
    Swansea tried it and it looked grim with only about a quarter of the fans joining in, which is what would happen if we tried it.
  • Options
    It is rubbish, there is a good vid on youtube of Man City fans singing 'what the f**king hell is that?' at Poznan supporters during a UEFA cup tie, only to be doing it themselves a few weeks later.
  • Options
    Why on earth would you want to "flatter" other clubs?!
  • Options
    Really did look quite tragic when Swansea had a stab last night. Vaguely amusing for City to adopt it after playing the originators but surely it's already old hat. Please don't try one at The Valley. As Rodney observed so well, our football is admired far and wide for its own unique character on and off the field.
  • Options
    I think it looks good, not something that would work at The Valley as hardly anyone would join in.
  • Options
    If NU tried it, it would only take one to topple backwards bringing the rest with him and into the laps of those in NL. There would be carnage with tartan lap mats and Bovril everywhere.
  • Options
    You're also forgetting that we'd need to score a goal first....
  • Options

im with the not in my back yard brigade... originality is king with this type of thing!!!

• Options
    Maybe we should start 'The Charlton'

Any ideas?

How about waving some old haddock on a stick when we score?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Charlton is already being done, walking out after 80 minutes even when we are winning.
  • Options
    Why do teh Poznan when you can sing CAFC CAFC CAFC until you slip into a coma
  • Options

Ah, the season's finished so it must be time to start picking on ourselves instead of the players eh?

Gonna be a long summer.

• Options

Ah, the season's finished so it must be time to start picking on ourselves instead of the players eh?

Gonna be a long summer.

Some people have nout better to do.

• Options
    How about we do a conga all along the stand, going around the NU, and when you sit down you can have a completely new perspective on the game, until we score again at least, then we can all get up and conga some more :-)
  • Options
    strange I pay my money to watch a game of football. looking the other way seems bizarre. You can at least sort of watch doing a bouncy bouncy.
  • Options
    Talking of originality, we can't! We nicked two chants off of Forest. The old Yippee-aye-ooh & the Mull Of Kintyre idea for VFR.
  • Options
    VFR? Pretty sure that's ours, we released it as a pwoper song and everything
  • Options
    Done to death , not very funny any more .... next
  • Options
    In that case Forest stole the song off Paul McCartney and wasn't yippee-aye-oh first used in a western series?