Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rent a village house in Cordoba (real Spain) province

If anybody is interested in renting our house have a look here http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/s15761.htm I will knock £100 of the cost for any lifer. Can be flexible on dates but minimum of 5 days please. The house is four bedrooms and ideal for walkers, drinkers/eaters, botanists, geologists, historians and romantics its located up a mountain in a beautiful national park. It is not near the sea and would not suit people looking for a beach holiday.There is a village pool which is gorgeous. Malaga and Granada airports 1 hour 15 mins, Seville airport 2 hours.

Comments

• Options
    Looks gorgeous - my aunt lives in Almedinilla - less than an hour away - lovely part of Spain.
  • Options
    So I can count you in then? Almendilla is really nice and Priego is one of my favourite places, well the Barrio de la Villa/Adarve part is.
  • Options
    Any bangin clubs and talent nearby???

• Options
    In the village itself 5 bars, 3 do food, 1 Madrid Club (don't tell Leroy) and 1 pensioners bar. Clubs in Baena about 10 mins away. Brothel on the poligono industrial at Estacion Luque.
  • Options
    Only been a couple of times (she usually visits instead of people visiting her because it's a bit out of the way for everyone else) but really liked it. I love Granada/Cordoba/Sevilla in general - my favourite part of Spain. Plenty of talent Offie (have you SEEN Spanish girls?) but not much in the way of nightlife (unless you count sitting on the balcony in your pants and vest perving - which probably does count, now that I mention it)
  • Options

Cordoban women are something else, when you see Spanish women on a night out you realise how scruffy (and I include myself) us Brits are.

Granada is a big university city and full of clubs/bars. Clubbers in Spain don't start going out until way past midnight, so don't peak to soon Offie.

If you aimed for a time around a feria or a fiesta you are guaranteed a good time. 

• Options
    galician women are weird looking though
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    My school exchange was to Baena... another intriguing parallel to add to the Real Betis allegiances eh Cordoban! Pics look lovely. Can't wait for my return to Andalucía in 6 weeks time!
  • Options
    galician women are weird looking though
    Not all of them mate. One of my best mates is from Coruna - his sister and even his mum are pieces.

• Options
    i bet,to be honest there either stunning or not they look very celtic,the basques have the largest cranuims in europe its rumoured
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Craniums Nolly? I have never heard them called that before! Is it rhyming slang?

• Options

Can't quite belive you went on a school exchange to Baena ISaw? When did you go, what was it like? Its actually quite a nice little place, Semana Santa is really mad. I particularly like the way that Spanish towns keep their individuality (probably because nobody ever leaves their home town!).

So thats four of you signed up for a week in Spain then. Book early for the week you want, are all four of you going together? Only one discount applies.

• Options
    edited May 2011
    I went when I was 15 so it was Easter holidays (though not during Semana Santa) 2004.  Baena was very quiet and insulated as you suggest... you get the feeling that nobody ever leaves and when they do it's on the coach to Granada or Córdoba! However, the people were nice and it was a good week barring the odd vocabulary-related disaster! Went to la Alhambra, la Mezquita and the aceite factory in Baena itself was something to behold! In all honesty I spent most of the week boozing, smoking, playing football with the locals and trying to get a bit of the young María's though something obviously stuck as I ended up living a year back in Andalucía not even 5 years later and that year was the best year of my life!

Unfortunately my summer hols are all booked up Cordoban... not a million miles from you either... but will definitely bear in mind for next year as I am often about that way!

P.S. Viva el Betis manque pierda! Ya tenemos el ascenso, luego el campeonato! Hemos vuelto!
  • Options
    spanish bird told me basques have big heads
  • Options
    spanish bird told me basques have big heads
    Ahh so you were really refering to heads!
  • Options
    I am back in the UK now Isaw, love many things about Spain but after 5 years I had had enough, not being able to get my Spanish above village idiot level didn't help!