Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

chris slattery memorial

Hi all just to let you no that me and mum are bringing my dads ashes back to the valley on the August 15th 2011. Anyone who knew my dad and has lots of memories of him are welcome to come and pay their respects. Hopefully some of you will be able to make it. xx

Comments

• Options
    Thanks, keep us updated
  • Options
    Hits the <Like> button
  • Options

Are you having the ashes spread on the pitch?  Is it possible to have that done? 

• Options
    i  dont think you can these days. I think there is a site within the Valley where you can spread the ashes its all to do with Elf and saftey "controled environment "etc.
  • Options
    i  dont think you can these days. I think there is a site within the Valley where you can spread the ashes its all to do with Elf and saftey "controled environment "etc.
    OK - thanks.  Makes some sense I guess.  I once went to a corporate presentation at Man U's ground and we were given a guided tour of Old Trafford as part of the day and they pointed out a special area to one side of the pitch where the grass is allowed to grow longer and ashes are spread - but its off the main palying area.  Not quite the same I guess...
  • Options
    Seem to recall it kicking off over this a couple of years ago. The area was in the southeast corner and it was either built on or there was a proposal to. Cant remember what happened in the end.