Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bournemouth Fans

Nice to see them remain at the end to give Huddersfield a round of applause as they did a lap of honour. True football fans.

Comments

• Options
    Good luck to them getting a train home!
  • Options
    When are we going to have a pitch invasion? Don't you just love 'em?
  • Options
    We They are terrific Fans !
    ;-)
  • Options
    We know what the dreaded penalty defeat in the play-offs feels like. wish them well over the summer!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    This is going to sound patronising but Bourenmouth strike me as a really nice "smaller club". Kind of like a lower division version of ourselves 10 years ago (relatively speaking)- nice fans, good team spirit, workethic, good young academy players, bargain players etc.
  • Options
    When are we going to have a pitch invasion? Don't you just love 'em?
    When we have a reason to
  • Options
    This is going to sound patronising but Bourenmouth strike me as a really nice "smaller club". Kind of like a lower division version of ourselves 10 years ago (relatively speaking)- nice fans, good team spirit, workethic, good young academy players, bargain players etc.
    Correct.
  • Options
    Fear for them losing the likes of Pugh and Hollands now.
  • Options

I've got to be honest last night I felt them and there team.

I watched it not caring one way or another but the Ref gave so many decisions against i was willing them to win in the end

• Options

Superb game last night and although my heart wanted the Cherries to win I'm afraid my head needed to see Huddersfield out of L1 next season .

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another great game. Huddersfield were the third best team in the league, finishing miles ahead of 4th. They deserve to go up.
  • Options
    Reminded me of our game v Swindon last year.
  • Options
    With them staying down, another weekend away beckons.
  • Options
    To be honest, I'm much happier with Huddersfield now promoted, as they are (well, were) always likely to be challenging for the playoff places at least, whereas newly relegated teams are much more of an unknown quality for the most part.
  • Options
    To be honest, I'm much happier with Huddersfield now promoted, as they are (well, were) always likely to be challenging for the playoff places at least, whereas newly relegated teams are much more of an unknown quality for the most part.
    Huddersfield Promoted already ?
  • Options
    They're not quite promoted yet, thenewbie; Huddersfield have yet to play another 90mins at least against either Peterborough or MKDons.
  • Options
    Oops, correction, I WOULD BE happier etc etc. Getting ahead of myself again. Although I'd still say of those three options Huddersfield would be the ones I'd most be glad to see go up.
  • Options

Very much mixed feelings about last night's result. Always had a lot of time for them for obvious reasons and disappointed for friends on missing out on promotion and a chance to play at that level but on the other hand it does mean a game I can walk to and it's bad enough being an Addick at the moment without suffering from my local club lording it over us.

On balance though think they deserved a crack at it given what they've been through recently and the way they've conducted themselves as a club and a set of fans.

• Options
    Promotion might have been a step too far for them. They are struggling at the moment financially and going up and investing in new players necessary to compete at CCC level might have caused them a bigger headache in the long term.
  • Options
    lose a few key players like Pugh, Hollands etc and I can see them really struggling next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    lose a few key players like Pugh, Hollands etc and I can see them really struggling next season.

I think that's exactly what's going to happen. Not sure that they'll be in a relegation battle but this year was by far their best chance they've had since the saggy faced wideboy was in charge. They managed to maintain most of the momentum they'd built up under Howe but I'm not sure that they could do the same if they lose those two players in particular.

Personally I'd rather hope that we've made some enquires aboput their availability!

• Options

I've got to be honest last night I felt them and there team.

No wonder they lost - sounds a bit offputting.  Good of you to own up though.
  • Options
    You sure that's a good idea?
  • Options
    Good point!
  • Options
    That one of the reasons I wanted them to go up, I suffered that next day!!
  • Options

Some people might say that it suits us to have  the stronger resourced team like Huddersfeld going up but personally and selfishly, I think that Bournemouth is a top place to visit and Huddersfield would be pretty low down on the list. Bournemouth are a club I admire, there have had difficult imes, don't have loads of cash but are well run and friendly. Got a word with Rob Elliot after our draw there and he said the players liked going there so it isn't just us fans.

My choice next season would be for us to go up as champions with Bournemouth in second- impossible to dislike them.