Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Striker/winger joining Charlton in July named

Serges Déblé.

He will have spent three years in France on July 14th this year. Three years is the standard time it takes to gain a work permit, so (unless something goes horribly wrong) he will be able to play for Charlton from the start of pre-season.

Will we hang on to him - he's been playing in the French second division, which is presumably a similar standard to the English third - or will we look to cash in (there were rumours in the papers a few months ago that a couple of Premier League teams were willing to give us £1m for him).

Either way, a bit of positive news I think - either we've got an attacker in for next season, or we've got a healthy top-up to our transfer fees and/or wages budget.

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2011
    Rather misleading title

Assuming he can get a work permit, that we still want him and have him under contract

And who is going to pay £1m for someone who's playing 2nd division football in France?

• Options
    edited May 2011

Not misleading at all, Mr Irving. Three years is the standard time it takes to get a work permit (that's how long Alex had to play at PSV for before returning to Chelsea, to give but one of thousands of examples). We wouldn't have sent hin to France for three years if we didn't still have him under contract.

Here's his Wikipedia page that states he's our player and that he moved to France on July 14th 2008: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serges_D%C3%A9bl%C3%A9

Here's something printed in the Sun about him being valued at £1m and chased by PL clubs: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3035060/Blackburn-Rovers-want-to-sign-striker-Serges-Deble.html

It's a simple 99% certain (only a work permit fuck-up could stop it) fact that he will be available to Charlton (to play or sell) from this Summer.

You're just upset because you'd forgotten about him, and you like to make out you're the most knowledgable person on here.

• Options

I will be amazed if we ever see him doing anything in an Addicks shirt....people like him are a relic from the grandiose days of our long term international talent farming scheme that has never appeared to have ultimately given us anything of worth.

What's more painful is the fact that when we started doing this, it was seen as a gamble that might do well for us in the long run; now we look at the costs involved and think about what we could have done with the cash in the past couple of seasons....

Hope I'm wrong, but I won't get too excited about this prospect just yet.

• Options

You're just upset because you'd forgotten about him, and you like to make out you're the most knowledgable person on here.

LOL !!!
  • Options
    Oh dear, this is coming from the person who decides to renew his ST on whether he gets a letter about a Michael Buble Tribute act or not and gets his info from Wikipedia.

Bye, bye
  • Options
    he will never play for us
  • Options
    who ? Henry or Serges ?
  • Options
    he will never play for us
    I disagree. The only good point Henry Irving makes is in regard to teams paying £1m for a player who has only played in the French second division. If Powell sees enough in him in pre-season to think he would do a job for us, there is a lot of sense in him playing a season (or half-season) with us as it will demonstrate he can adapt to the English game and increase his potential transfer value. Although, on the other hand, he could end up getting Charltonized and become worth less and less the more games he plays. On that basis, perhaps we should sell him right now.
  • Options
    Is he coming then for real,its just been mooted for ages that these will come
  • Options
    I don't think he will ever play for us. Three years in France ? So what contract length did he have with us ? If it was three years then it's up and I doubt we would have tied him down to anything longer ? Why would he even want to come to us now ? Am sure Henry will know soon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He did play last season.

Henry is McOxo.

• Options

He'll have a testimonial before a first team appearance

• Options

Henners is more your robbie elliot than mcoxo

• Options

He'll have a testimonial before a first team appearance

Lol

• Options
    I don't think he will ever play for us. Three years in France ? So what contract length did he have with us ? If it was three years then it's up and I doubt we would have tied him down to anything longer ? Why would he even want to come to us now ? Am sure Henry will know soon.

I bang my head every time some says his contract must be up. We sent him out on a year's loan last summer, why the hell would we have done that if his contract with us expired at the end of the loan period? Why not bloody sell him instead? Of course he is contracted to us beyond this summer. He is far and away our most financially valuable player according to the tabloids. If our directors have let his contract run down rather than sell him they want shooting. Anyone who thinks his contract is up this Summer has never shared a postcode with basis common sense logic.

Incidentally, Deble has the same agent (Pierre Frelot) as Drogba, Malouda, Chamakh and Gallas, so if we do sell him you can expect his agent to talk up the price (more for his benefit than ours, but if it means getting more wonga, yay!).

• Options
    Have heard we are getting Millwall to The Valley for his testimonial ;0 )
  • Options
    well we sent him out on loan because he couldn't get a work permit to play in the UK so what else could we do ? Seeing as he has been out on loan for three seasons now I'd love to know how long a contract we gave him. Seeing as you are so au fait with this perhaps you could tell us or ask his agent.
  • Options
    Spirit of 1947...you may well be right, personally I'm dubious that we'll ever see him in an Addicks shirt, but who knows. Why not e-mail the club and see what the official word is?
  • Options
    Didnt we sell/get rid of any rights we had to this player along with bakney soko (or what ever he was called) and another again name escapes me
  • Options
    Didnt we sell/get rid of any rights we had to this player along with bakney soko (or what ever he was called) and another again name escapes me
    I'm sure Spirit of 47 will let you know.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Serges Deble signed a new contract with Charlton last summer. I've no idea how long for, but we re-registered him as a player on July 7th. http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/RulesandRegulations/~/media/Files/PDF/TheFA/Rules_Regs/July%202010.ashx/July%202010.pdf

If he was out of contract this summer he'd be listed as a free transfer on the PFA Give Me Football website (it's the English not French FA he's registered to, as we are his parent club) and he isn't.

So enough of these contract ponderings. Trust me. He's our player and he's coming home this summer with a work permit in his back pocket. Hurrah!

• Options
    Sounds like another player from a poor league. We do not need anymore second rate Frenchmen, we have had enough of them in recent years. What we need are players that improve our squad not complement the dross we already have. 
  • Options

Serges Deble signed a new contract with Charlton last summer. I've no idea how long for, but we re-registered him as a player on July 7th. http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/RulesandRegulations/~/media/Files/PDF/TheFA/Rules_Regs/July%202010.ashx/July%202010.pdf

If he was out of contract this summer he'd be listed as a free transfer on the PFA Give Me Football website (it's the English not French FA he's registered to, as we are his parent club) and he isn't.

So enough of these contract ponderings. Trust me. He's our player and he's coming home this summer with a work permit in his back pocket. Hurrah!

Fair play, i'll  be very surprised if he ever turns out in a Charlton shirt though or if we get a fee for him
  • Options
    edited May 2011

I'm rubbish at French, but if anyone still doesn't believe me, perhaps they should send a nice polite short e-mail (how you support Charlton and are so looking forward to seeing Serges in a Charlton shirt, how long will it be) in French to his agent and see what comes back:

frelot.pierre@wanadoo.fr

That's all the help I can give you for now, as I'm off out for a drink. Laters CLers.

• Options

I'm rubbish at French, but if anyone still doesn't believe me, perhaps they should send a nice polite short e-mail (how you support Charlton and are so looking forward to seeing Serges in a Charlton shirt, how long will it be) in French to his agent and see what comes back:

frelot.pierre@wanadoo.fr

That's all the help I can give you for now, as I'm off out for a drink. Laters CLers.

Over to jimmymelrose I think.
  • Options
    I wouldn't believe anything an agent ever said.

When I not only see it on the official CAFC site and then actually see it with my own eyes on the first game of the season will I believe he is real
  • Options
    Dunno what all the fuss is about - 43 appearances and 1 goal and that in the French 2nd Division - I'd grab the one million transfer fee off any Prem club for him...
  • Options
    Serges Deble would be an interesting addition to our thin squad.
    More intriguing is the ongoing squabble between Spirit and Henners. Methinks Spirit won the first set.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    So hes a winger/striker and for Angers he played 32 and scored 1 and for Nantes he played 11 and scored none. 5 foot 7 as well. 

Lets hope we let him go
  • Options

And of those 22 games for FC Nantes he came on 12 times and was taken off 8 times so has only played 2 full games. One goal and one assist, striker aged 21