Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Advertising

Palace and even Fulham are now putting up billboards advertising the clubs around South London I reckon we should do likewise.

Comments

• Options

Waste of money. Not many returned after Exeter.

The higher we move up the leagues the more crowds we'll get.  True supporters already go and those lapsed fans who dont wont be brought back by ad campaign. Also any new people who dont know Charlton are on their doorstep and have no loyalty to the club arent likely to fall in love with the club as things are.

Better off spending money to get it right on the pitch which is the only way to get the Valley consistently full again.

• Options
    Apart from Mr Hunt's excellent posters from 20+ years ago, I'm not really convinced that posters will do a lot of good to promote a club.  If you are in South London and you're are interested in football, you will already be aware of Charlton.  The key to getting bums on seats is a step further than anything posters are likely to achieve - you have to give people the desire to see us.  The best way of doing that is to build a team that plays entertaining football and wins most of its matches.   Unless such billboards are a lot cheaper than I'd imagine, I'd rather any money be spent on the team. 
  • Options
    Palace and even Fulham are now putting up billboards advertising the clubs around South London I reckon we should do likewise.
    Why?
  • Options

Waste of money. Not many returned after Exeter.

The higher we move up the leagues the more crowds we'll get.  True supporters already go and those lapsed fans who dont wont be brought back by ad campaign. Also any new people who dont know Charlton are on their doorstep and have no loyalty to the club arent likely to fall in love with the club as things are.

Better off spending money to get it right on the pitch which is the only way to get the Valley consistently full again.

This exactly.
  • Options
    It would be a foolish waste of money. The Valley Party posters were effective because they were concentrated in Greenwich Borough,and the message was potentially relevant to every adult resident for the month they were up. It was a completely different situation.

As Airman Brown and his team have shown, potential Charlton supporters are now geographically spread far and wide so you hit them with direct mailshots and help them with things like Valley Express.

When it comes to marketing, Palace and Fulham are two divisions below us.