Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Well done old Bernard Hopkins

how great was that ,and makes Joes win in america by a few rounds in my book his greatest win.

Comments

• Just got the full replay on sky now. Incredible achievement.
  • amazing mate,man is a legend no doubt
  • He's a legend of the sport solely based on the people he's put away... when you factor in what he's doing now at 46 he joins a very small elite list in my mind. How on earth he made Pascal look weary and sluggish with an 18 year age gap is just superhuman
  • edited May 2011
    On the other hand I hope poor old Roy Jones Jr calls it a day... he's going to damage himself beyond comprehension if he carries on taking hits like he did the other night
  • sad demise,think thats it for him
  • The bloke Lebedev should be sanctioned for carrying on with that final hook and as for the referee not conclusively stopping it... he was already pretty much unconscious slumped on his feet and defenceless when he took that last shot. Upsetting to watch.
  • one of the greats we know that,somebody stop him now
  • The press-ups at the start of the 7th were priceless.
  • good press ups as well
  • Looked in awesome shape for 46 too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hopkins is a master craftsman.  I think Hopkins win v Kelly Pavlik in 2008, really showed how great Joe Calzaghe was.  After the Calzaghe fight, I thought it was time for Hopkins to retire.  Apart from early knock down, Calzaghe was in charge, Hopkins had nothing to offer.   Yet 6 months later Hopkins destroyed Pavlik, who was up to that point a frightening proposition.
  • agreed joes win was amazing when you see what hopkins has done since
  • On the other hand I hope poor old Roy Jones Jr calls it a day... he's going to damage himself beyond comprehension if he carries on taking hits like he did the other night
    Roy Jones Jr damaged himself beyond comprehension after the Danny Green fight, the way he carried on!!
  • Just watched it now - great performance from a man of any age, let alone 46. Truly great fighter - never ducked anyone, always comes to fight. The press-ups were hilarious :). Wouldn't be surprised to see him in with Cleverly - and wouldn't be surprised if he won!