Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bl**dy kids for a quid!

2»

Comments

• Options
    But it's not indiscriminate. If you don't go in there you wont get fined.

Anyway, nice debating with you without the need for petty insults. I suspect we may just have to agree to disagree on this. (Although you are right about the financial aspect, but I think this is a convenient - and not insignificant - consequence, rather than the sole reason for the existence of cameras. I mean, have you tried to get around London lately? Something needs to be done.)
  • Options

Classic Charlton Life stuff this.  Fairly lighthearted thread starts up and by about post seven we've got a row about the nature of the law and use of public money.

I want to know if this happens on everyone else's forum.

• Options
    Agreed. Interesting debate. I'm just a guy who got to the age of 49/50 as a model citizen, then found himself on the wrong side of the law just for going a few (and I do mean a few) miles over the limit. Fecking cameras 3 points 60 quid fine and increased insurance costs.
  • Options
     Or are you suggesting that it's only the people "unlucky" enough to be there when a bus comes along that gets the ticket?

Yep - but I wouldn't say it's a matter of luck.

There are far worse things going on than tranferring a child from one car to another, especially when due care is being taken not to block other vehicules.
  • Options
    I just hope my Grandson becomes a Charlton fan. I certainly won't let him forget his first game!
  • Options

Surely the reason both cars pulled over was because the 4 year old was about to be sick and you were needed to assist.

Mitigating circumstances, a medical emergency involving an infant.

• Options
    Kids for a quid?  I prefer to pay a bit more and have a steak slice or a burger.