Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CHARLTON POKER CLUB Q & A PLEASE ALL READ AND DISCUSS MANY THANKS

Right i think there are several questions we need to go through, as those who play in the above events it seems to be getting less and less runners each month so i thought i would start this thread so we can all discuss it and maybe propose ways to move it forward.

How Often do you want to play the above games? Weekly/Monthly etc

What Type of game would you prefer? NLH/Omaha whatever

What is your preferred buy ins? Both for the Main monthly games also whether you will play lower?

Would you play a freeplay tourney to maybe get more people playing after a practice game?

What day is best for you to play and time?

My main question: Those that used to play regular at the beginning(i wont name names), for what reasons if any do you not play anymore? eg. too expensive, bad day etc and whether you would in the future be looking to join the odd tournament etc

Comments

• Options

I want to play them as often as possible whether 2 weekly or monthly im game

Again i dont mind i can play either, i am unfamiliar with any of the other games but i'll be happy to learn any

What is your preferred buy ins? Both for the Main monthly games also whether you will play lower?

$11 for monthly i think is good, but will play any buy ins $1-$11

Would you play a freeplay tourney to maybe get more people playing after a practice game?

I would be more than happy to play providing im free on the date

Sunday Evenings , my proposed time would be 8pm

& Tuesday evenings again 8pm or 8.30pm is good

• Options

Monthly

no limit hold'em

$5 to $10 is ok

I don't mind playing free-rolls for leaderboard points tbh. We don't have to play for real money when there are leaderboard points to win!

Sunday 8pm is good but happy to move to any day to accomodate more players.

• Options
    edited May 2011
    Weekly or fortnightly would be much better - I think because they are only monthly , people lose interest.

Definitely NLH ( and not heads up thanks)

Sundays and Tuesday's are good 8pm ( cant make them all due to shift work)

I would like bigger buy ins - $20 ex - but I'm not sure everyone will be up for that.

Perhaps start a new summer points table also?

Note: if people get wind that separate games are being organised because we only get one tournament arranged a month i think it will undermine the whole CL poker set up.
  • Options
    i'll play any type of format other than heads up.

i don't think the price is the issue but am happy to play any stakes if you can get numbers up.

tourney freeplay can be crap as players sit out a lot (forgotten registration or whatever) as they dont lose anything and you are left stuck and bored waiting for the table to close so that you can get on with playing again (a bit like heads up)

midweek is miles better for me as i can at least pretend that i am working rather that sitting in with the family.
  • Options

How Often do you want to play the above games? Fortnight or monthly

What Type of game would you prefer? Holdem

What is your preferred buy ins? 11 is fine - will play any buyin 5 to 20

What day is best for you to play and time? Quite late at night. 8-10 PM. Any day is good.

• Options
    edited May 2011

Monthly for main tourney others can be arranged as and when amongst members if contact details are exchanged

NLH and I would like an occassional haeds up if well supported

Any amount but up to about $16.00

Would you play a free-play tourney to maybe get more people playing after a practice game?

Yes I think that is imperative as a turnout of 13 out of 53 something must be wrong

I am available most days and times

Finally someone like Sadie should hold a database of contacts for future tourneys so as not to rely just on announcements in discussions
  • Options

I think thats a very good idea ellis, thank you all for your feedback. also if you have any questions do feel free to ask eg. if your new or you want more detailson the CL poker club

Lets see if we get any more posts

• Options
    How Often do you want to play the above games? Weekly/Monthly etcas often as others would likeWhat Type of game would you prefer? NLH/Omaha whateverNLH, stud, draw. Like Knockout formation, don't mind heads up but wasn't a favourite amongst others. like the usual layout too.
    What is your preferred buy ins? Both for the Main monthly games also whether you will play lower?I have a low income so would prefer it not to go higher that the $11 however may play the odd higher game if it wasn't too high. would play any stake lower.
    Would you play a freeplay tourney to maybe get more people playing after a practice game?Yes. For leaderboard points, so people still play seriously and not sit out for ages, Think it may get some newbies interested also some not so good players that can't afford to lose stake money. 
    What day is best for you to play and time?any day, as late as possible prefer 8.30 starts to 8.00, wouldn't mind 9pm kids real hassle for me if too early.

Finally someone like Sadie should hold a database of contacts for future tourneys so as not to rely just on announcements in discussions
    I would happily do this if everyone wants to inbox me their personal emails, facebook, twitter or moblie numbers, I will then inform everyone when tournaments are set up and also remind them. 
  • Options

How Often do you want to play the above games? Weekly/Monthly etc -  Weekly

What Type of game would you prefer? NLH/Omaha whatever - I like /play all the games so would like to see  a HORSE tourney also 5 card draw but I still dont mind NLH

What is your preferred buy ins? Both for the Main monthly games also whether you will play lower? I dont want to play lower than $10 but i will do if that is what's decided.

Would you play a freeplay tourney to maybe get more people playing after a practice game?  Not sure poker is not the same when there is no money involved but i would play in an attempt to get more people to join in.

What day is best for you to play and time? Any after 8pm

• Options

aka neil - addick

Would play weekly

NLHE is my favourite format

Prefer Mon - Thu (generally been on the lash by 20.30 Sun)

Would much prefer lower stakes - think would get more participants

Would play a one off freeroll if deemed it would help - why not make it 0.10 buy in though to try and replicate real life a bit better

• Sponsored links:

• Options

I'd play regularly (I play at pokerstars most nights anyway) but the earliest I can start is 9 p.m.

Happy with any stakes between $5 and $30

• Options
    Hi Johnny,

Maybe more would participate if it was say a $5 buy-in - definitely agree with Neil that Mon - Thur is more likely to get people in as well. Needs to be NLHE as well as that is the most commonly played.
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Would play a one off freeroll if deemed it would help - why not make it 0.10 buy in though to try and replicate real life a bit better

there are 2 separate leaderboards, real money and play money, so if it were just play money we could play for leaderboard points rather than as low as 0.10 with nothing to play for (can't really make that a leaderboard game upset to many real money players who want real stakes)
  • Options

this is interesting we're sort of stuck between 2 price bands, maybe a trial run for both 1 at $5 another at $15 what does everyone think? we could do them on the same night, some people will play both and some maybe just the lower, it could add a bit

in regards to freeplay usually i would agree and i dont like them but as its CL it will be quite clear people should play these properly also a new leaderboard aswell so bragging rights get in it :)

going along nicely so far everyone, i thank you for your input keep up the good work. We all just want a better tourney with more players so hopefully we can get there :D

• Options

Another thought - I am in the low stake corner, I rarely stake more than 10% (except for CL) of what I have in 'the bank' . Dont have $100 slushing about that often tbh - what % of the 53 ? members do you reckon have ?

Also, it is pretty obvious from the leaderboard that the vast majority are going to struggle to get in the dough plus peoples stake preferences as mentioned on here - some are nose bleed country for me - means the likes of me are slinging away $11 each month to keep the CL poker club going.

Would love to play with 25/ 35 having a pop at $4-6 (can we make it sterling on home games ?)

Cheers, Neil

• Options
    Would be interested in playing hold 'em tournies once a month, happy with the current $10 level. Needs to be kept to regular dates, third Sunday (which is the best day for me) maybe ? Always seem to have something else going on the last few, dates being variable hasn't helped. Don't play omaha, so would watch that from the sides, low stakes ($1 or less) ideal to attract new players, either to learn the game or set up on stars for the first time.
  • Options
    Once a month is not enough. They need to be at the least fortnightly otherwise the less regular players lose interest. Can't get too excited about free role games either.
  • Options
    I think there should some kind of roll call to see how many of the 53 members are still interested, also those not yet joined but are interested then we could start a new register for future games.
  • Options
    I understand that a lot of people wouldn't be interested in free roll games or low stakes, however I urge those like bedsaddick above to please for the sake of the poker club to play them anyway. 10 dollars isn't a lot of money to some people but for others it is, I for one have a family of 6 at home with only one very low income. If we are going to play many more than once a month we need to make it cheap. Also not forgetting there are probably members that are still learning the game and don't want to make such huge 'donations', there are also at least 2 members that I can think of that joined the club in the hope of playing some free tournaments as they are unable to credit their accounts at all.
  • Options

Another thought - I am in the low stake corner, I rarely stake more than 10% (except for CL) of what I have in 'the bank' . Dont have $100 slushing about that often tbh - what % of the 53 ? members do you reckon have ?

Also, it is pretty obvious from the leaderboard that the vast majority are going to struggle to get in the dough plus peoples stake preferences as mentioned on here - some are nose bleed country for me - means the likes of me are slinging away $11 each month to keep the CL poker club going.

Would love to play with 25/ 35 having a pop at $4-6 (can we make it sterling on home games ?)

Cheers, Neil

A nice point there mate, i dont really play on PS so my role on there has always been between $10- $90, i generally only play these games and the odd Sit n go, in theory you should only be playing 5% but it depends on how comfortable you are playing in higher stake games, i dont mind and can always reload and also feel i am confident of cashing/winning aswell. I currently have $70 on PS so it could easily be gone in no time :P

On another site i was between £100-£600 but withdrew £400 + in last month or so which is good, but now i have bust that account from £150 left in there so i have to wait till i can redeposit it sucks

Again i re-iterate i think maybe if we get 2 seperate tourneys maybe if we can do 2 leaderboards?? then there should be a $3.30 one for lower stakes and maybe $11-$16.50 for a higher one then hopefully we wont be missing out on much peoples price range

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    there ARE 2 leaderboards, real money and play money, we can't have 2 leaderboards on one though.
  • Options
    Awww that sucks, although can you set level for points etc so that we can mix them? i assume it will automatically put them all together based on runners and points
  • Options
    don't agree jb, dont think the leaderboard should be split on stakes, just because someone is richer than someone else doen't make them a better or worse player. 
  • Options
    I will still enter the free roles , I just wish we would play more regularly . We seem to talk a lot about it but we only play once in a blue moon. I had to miss Sundays game and there doesn't seem to be any sign of any other games lined up and i think thats pretty much why we are struggling to get a majority of those who are registered to play.
  • Options
    3rd Sunday of every month should be  our usual $11 monthly tournament leaderboard points at stake, we should go back to a midweek knockout say 2nd Tuesday of  every month, which should be lower stakes say $6 and we should make 1st Sunday of every month Playmoney tournament for leaderboard points.

maybe on top of that some cash tables need to be set up and left set up, some high stake to suit the big money players and some tiny stakes to suit us poor folks. 

With the cash tables set up all the time people can play when they want as well as the tournaments.

Thoughts please...
  • Options
    That all sounds great. 
  • Options

I did state thats cool having a league which accomadates regardless of the stakes, perhaps i wasnt clear but innitally i thought maybe we can have seperate ones :)

Sundays good for me so happy with that if it falls on a bankholiday do people want to play it on the Tuesday? or the week after

I am happy to play the mid games maybe if we mix and see what is more popular eg. start with $6 standard then maybe $3 and see what has more runners. I think the majority on here are playing for fun and to mix with fellow charlton supporters so i hope we would get more in the lower one

• Options
    maybe $3 midweek knockouts then, we cant keep changing the dates, I know that sometimes the tuesday ones are likely to fall on a match day but i think it should still go ahead but with less people same as if the third sunday of a month is bank holiday, however that will rarely happen unless it is easter or christmas. If the dates are set in stone and dont keep changing the numbers should build. the 1st sunday of the month could fall on bank holiday but it is rare and we should maintain the dates, it is when we start changing them people start to get confused. 
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    that sounds good to me sadie, have a tuesday club that everyone is welcome to play in. maybe just reserve the 3rd sunday tourney for the leaderboard points though.

dont think wer need to clog the board with poker threads though if we do weeklys as i'm sure that they are somewhat tedious for everyone
  • Options
    What we could do is start a poker thread which will be THE poker thread with schedule at the top and all forth coming tournament use same thread. I don't mind working out the dates of all the tournaments for say next 6 months and posting in said thread.

Back to what Ellisaddick said though, I do think it would be beneficial for one of us, again I don't mind, to keep a database of contact details (whichever they prefer) be it e-mail addresses mobile phone numbers, twitter or facebook, so as they can be reminded of up and coming tournaments.