Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton set to land Danny Hollands ? (ed. Confirmed)

edited May 2011 in General Charlton
http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/Sport.cfm?id=18624&headline=Charlton

Sorry this has been posted before.

Not bad if this happens

Comments

• Options
    Beaten by 1 minute. 
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Actually beaten by the rumours thread at 4:10pm
  • Options
    Actually beaten by the rumours thread at 4:10pm
    Opps lol
  • Options
    Interestingly, didn't someone tweet a few days back that we were in for a few players and a Bournemouth player who had Chelsea links. Think the other players were Dean Cox and Legge. Can't find the post though.
  • Options

If true this is great news , Hollands is a natural leftie so I hope this does not mean Jacko is off . Having two left footed CM's would add depth to the squad and I'm sure they could play together .We lost that natural balance towards the end of the season

Started at Chelsea so is probably known to Jiminez and coming to his prime , so its a big yes from me .

One negative point is that I did read an interview with him last week saying that he loved Bournemouth and wanted to stay . I don't like it when players do that .

• Options
    Brighton are interested as well
  • Options
    Cmon they all say that. Then when they move elsewhere for more money they can blame there old club for not offering them more to stay. And it's an attempt to keep the fans onside, as Semedo is doing.
  • Options
    Brighton are interested as well
    I can see Brighton being linked with a hell of a lot of players this Summer.

They are obviously a club on the rise and have a real feel-good vibe about them at the moment playing good football, new stadium and promotion of course. Also, nobody knows exactly what budget they are going to be working with. An agent's/journo's dream.
  • Options
    He is one of those players that I do not know much about, seems to have had a decent career playing a high number of games for his age.  But the only time I have seen him play was the first game of the season at our place where Bournemouth played really well but lacked that killer instinct, hopefully we are about to sign this decades Kinsella
  • Options
    yay!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Born in Ashford.

Come home mate (to Kent).

• Options
    Middlesex though I'm afraid.
  • Options
    Balls.
  • Options
    Rate him. Result if we sign him.
  • Options
    Not only a good player - but it weakens an opponent. Bournemouth will find it hard to replace Hollands.
  • Options
    Cant get excited.

AFC B fans on their forum dont seem overly bothered.

More of a stopper, so could see the end of Semedo.
  • Options
    Cant get excited.

Will be bothered when Wiggins, Pugh, Ings etc follow him out the door. That's the problem when as a smallish club and you have a good season all you are doing is showcasing your players.
  • Options
    Cant get excited.

Will be bothered when Wiggins, Pugh, Ings etc follow him out the door. That's the problem when as a smallish club and you have a good season all you are doing is showcasing your players.

They seem more concerned about losing Wiggins and Lovell at present. Comments along the lines of "time for him to move on" and "one paced and one dimensional".

Hope he proves to be a good signing but I cant get excited about him.
  • Options
    To be honest it's easy to knock someone you know will be out the door. You only need to look at the Semedo thread for that.
  • Options
    Cant get excited.

Mind you I think someone said he scored 7 this season, so not bad for a stopper :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hollands would be a great start to our summer if true. Don't believe Cherries fans aren't bothered about losing him for a minute.
  • Options
    There's mixed comments from Bournemouth fans on Hollands. Sounds like they already have alternatives at the club ready to step up.

• Options
    I asked for Bournemouth fans to have their say on him, on that search that Scoham did. Two replies so far, both extremely positive:

Solid, always gives 100%, strong tackler, bit 1 footed, but has a knack of scoring. Like him a lot. #afcb

hollands is quality, sad to see him go, great on the ball, excellent tackler, great header of the ball, long throw in taker :)
  • Options
    Here we go, first sniff of a signing and people are complaining and running the player down
  • Options

Certainly seems like a positive step, a player who could also potentially play in the Championship. On the Bournemouth thread, they felt he needed another year in League 1 and he will get that with us, still relatively young and he's had a fine season.

Not sure what this means for Semedo though.

• Options
    many bournemouth fans seem really upset about losing him, understand why he'd leave to come to us as i feel were the biggest fish in the league 1 puddle.
  • Options
    I've asked about 10 cherries fans now and all would be gutted if he came to us.
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Certainly seems like a positive step, a player who could also potentially play in the Championship. On the Bournemouth thread, they felt he needed another year in League 1 and he will get that with us, still relatively young and he's had a fine season.

Not sure what this means for Semedo though.

Semedo, if he stays, will become our Yaya Touré. Or at least, that's what Powell will aim to do.
  • Options
    proven player at this level, proper midfielder (ideal for 4-4-2), does the lot, good age and stats (186 games and 24 goals for Ballmouth), what's not to like ?
  • Options
    I asked for Bournemouth fans to have their say on him, on that search that Scoham did. Two replies so far, both extremely positive:

Solid, always gives 100%, strong tackler, bit 1 footed, but has a knack of scoring. Like him a lot. #afcb

hollands is quality, sad to see him go, great on the ball, excellent tackler, great header of the ball, long throw in taker :)
    I like that from a player. I think we have been lacking that the last few seasons, we had Robbo and Kish who won't great players but they worked hard.