Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Barcham

Gillingham winger Andy Barcham has been linked with us recently & Andy Hessenthaler has just admitted on local radio that he has agreed a deal with a league 1 club.  Could be us?  I dont actually claim to be in the know or anything, just putting 2 & 2 together & probably coming up with 5!!

Dont know too much about him myself but just had a quick look on wikipedia & he seems to of had a really good season at Gills.  Things seem to be happening thick & fast at the valley this summer which makes a change from previous seasons!

Any thoughts??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Barcham

Comments

• Options
    He scored 1 of the goals in the 2-2 draw at the valley in the 2009-10 season
  • Options
    reaching for the stars
  • Options

According to Gills fans I know he had an excellent 2009/10 season but a distinctly underwhelming 2010/11.

He sounds rather like Kyel Reid in many ways in that he has the talent but only shows it sporadically. That said he started out at Spurs so there must be something there. 

• Options
    Sounds a Charlton player through and through already.....
  • Options
    Would love to see the look on Scally's face.
  • Options

He can use the Valley express on matchdays. Should save him a few bob on petrol.

• Options

Leyton Orient fans on their forum think its between them and another unnamed L1 club  .Maybe us ?

• Options
    WTF, are we signing everyone, is this our plan. Will there be no players left for anyone else? 
    Eat your heart out Parkinson, I bet you wouldn't have known what to do with all this money, ha ha....
  • Options

he has the talent but only shows it sporadically.

That's a definition you could attach to 90% of wingers to be fair, it just depends on how sporadic is sporadic?

To be honest, Robbo is the only winger I can really remember us having who didn't tend to blow hot and cold to some extent or another and Robbo wasn't really an orthadox winger, he was more like a box to box midfielder who played on the flank.

• Options
    ".......Robbo wasn't really an orthadox winger, he was more like a box to box midfielder who played on the flank."

Ah, so that explains Waggy's position.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rommedahl
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    We are not likely to hear much until he officially leaves the Gills on July 1st are we?
  • Options
    No they can sign pre contracts now. That wont officiall start until July 1st as all their current deals are normally up to end of June. Same as Hollands.
  • Options
    WTF, are we signing everyone, is this our plan. Will there be no players left for anyone else? 
    Eat your heart out Parkinson, I bet you wouldn't have known what to do with all this money, ha ha....

I see your Post-Parky therapy sessions are not quite having effect yet masicat.

We've signed a young goalkeeper for the future who will be nowhere near the first team but this is in some way relevant to the dismisal of PP. Jeez...

• Options

he has the talent but only shows it sporadically.

That's a definition you could attach to 90% of wingers to be fair, it just depends on how sporadic is sporadic?

To be honest, Robbo is the only winger I can really remember us having who didn't tend to blow hot and cold to some extent or another and Robbo wasn't really an orthadox winger, he was more like a box to box midfielder who played on the flank.

And would do loads of 360 degree turns on his way!
  • Options
    I'd far rather have Cody McDonald than Andy Barcham. Norwich presumably wouldn't have loaned him out for an entire season if they weren't willing to listen to offers?
  • Options
    I'd far rather have Cody McDonald than Andy Barcham. Norwich presumably wouldn't have loaned him out for an entire season if they weren't willing to listen to offers?
    I believe he has been sold to Coventry.
  • Options

Coventry have denied any interest: http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-city-fc/coventry-city-fc-news/2011/05/18/coventry-city-rule-out-jimmy-bullard-and-cody-mcdonald-moves-92746-28714865/

Fee of £275k suggested by the press, would that be out of our price range?

• Options
    I think £275k would perhaps be within our price range if someone special a la BWP was on the market.

I can't see us spending that on Cody McDonald though
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I was speaking to my gillingham friend and he thought cody wasnt all that apparantly he misses quite a few chances.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was speaking to my gillingham friend and he thought cody wasnt all that apparantly he misses quite a few chances.
    25 Goals in 41 games isn't to shabby.
  • Options
    Wasn't all that? pffft without him they wouldn't even of had a sniff of play offs this year.
  • Options
    That's what Ipswich fans said about Darren Bent and he turned out alright
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I understand all your comments but they are in league 2 and im only going by what he things, however he did also say that if we could play him in the right position and tactitcs we would score loads of goals
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I understand all your comments but they are in league 2 and im only going by what he things, however he did also say that if we could play him in the right position and tactitcs we would score loads of goals
    Like Paul Benson.  We need someone who can make some of his own chances, as well as some for BWP.
  • Options
    Asked work colleague to ask her son about Barcham (he's in the Gills academy) word amongst the players is Barcham is off to Orient.
  • Options
    Just been on the Leyton Orient Forum and they seem to think Barcham will sign for them as long as Slade remains. I would prefer Bolasi anyway because I would like a natural Left footer in the squad as well if Reid goes .
  • Options
    Apparently Leyton Orient Can't Match His Wages That He Wants..
  • Options
    Apparently Leyton Orient Can't Match His Wages That He Wants..
    Any source/link?
  • Options
    Got A Friend Who's An Orient Fan, Just Going By What He Said