Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

QPR Ticket price hike

Queens Park Rangers have hit their fans in the pocket after promotion to the Barclays Premier League.

The west London club have raised season tickets prices by an
eye-watering 40 PER CENT after returning to the top-flight. The lowest
adult season ticket is now £549. 

The cheapest tickets will be £47 - yet
with four fewer home games in the Premier League compared to the
Championship, the increase is even more in real terms.

Comments

• Options
    Horrendous. Some of the season tickets have gone up 70%. Long-suffering fans made a victim of their own success. I'd imagine Ecclestone, Briatore and Mittal need every penny?
  • Options
    I am so angry I vow not to go and watch them next season.
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Economics of modern football unfortunately. We were spoiled by having a board of fans during our time up there. 

Premiership players dont come cheap and QPRs owners know they will fill the ground now that folk can flock to see the Rooney, Drogba, Fabregas circus.  Why would they give a damn about how it impacts loyal time served fans.  Theyve reached the promised land of the prem now and would sell up if they ever look like getting relegated.

Horrible situation but i reckon its the way it is in the ugly game now and reckon we'd probably be in the same boat if we managed to get back up there.

• Options
    Compare that with Wigan (adult and child for £270, U5's free), Blacburn (£225). All the extra tv money they will be getting a 40% is well out of order. I guess they'll still sell all the tickets though so the owners won't think there are any problems with this rise.
  • Options
    I'm sure Airman Brown has said that once you are in the premiership, ticket sales are by far not the club's biggest source of income, so that kind of price hyke would seem to be a real slap in the face for the loyal QPR fans.
  • Options
    I heard this whilst driving round the M25 and nearly crashed the car , I guess we will get shafted if we ever returned to the premiership, but I hope not , £72 a ticket? It must include prawn sarnies?
  • Options
    they have very few fans as it is,silly move
  • Options
    I've got no time at all for QPR - they are an irrelevance - but that is an absolute joke. But people will pay it, and they know it. It's the way it is these days - and it absolutely stinks.
  • Options
    If this scenario were ever to be repeated at Charlton I am afraid I would seriously have to consider if I could justify buying a season ticket. I genuinely hope the Premier Leagues financial bubble is close to bursting. I hate the way it is strangling football for it's own greedy ends.
  • Options
    If this scenario were ever to be repeated at Charlton I am afraid I would seriously have to consider if I could justify buying a season ticket. I genuinely hope the Premier Leagues financial bubble is close to bursting. I hate the way it is strangling football for it's own greedy ends.
    I'll leave it a while before I start worrying about this :-) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yea - it's not even worth worrying about things that may happen...!
  • Options
    What a disgrace.
    Feel sorry for the genuine fans who have followed them through the dross, only to be priced out of seeing their greatest achievement in 15 years.

Will this financial madness ever stop?
  • Options
    I would never pay that much for a ticket. Great way to repay the fans for their loyalty!
  • Options

Football ticket prices should be focused on maximising revenue, although I baulk at £40 or higher.

Wigan could probably charge £10 and not sell out every game.

QPR, with their smallish capacity (by Prem standards) & their prime location, will probably be a sell out each week & therefore the owners will maximise their revenue in order to have a chance of being able to compete.

£47 pay on the door is too steep, for them, with their capacity I think they should charge £35.

However, the S/T price of £549, works out at £29 a game & if you are expecting to attend all of the games, whilst not great, isn't as outrageous as some are saying IMO.

If they want to stay up without racking up massive debt, then they need to charge what they can.

Remember, the likes of Bolton are I think £90M in debt.

• Options
    I bet the QPR fans can't wait for a bunch of African mercenaries, etc to turn up and pocket all that extra cash. I bet the likes of Marcus Bent are eyeing them up already.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure they hiked their prices last season as well, so the increase fom two years ago must be astronomical.
  • Options
    Amit Bhatia has announced his resignation as vice chairman of QPR after
    falling out with the club's board over their recent hike in season
    ticket prices.

LINK
  • Options

Is next season the last before these new financial rules come in relating to turnover? If so maybe they are maximimising what they get while they can.

Still, 40% is way OTT even before you factor in inflation at 5%, wages freezes/cuts, etc.

• Options
    If Charlton did that I would refuse to buy a season ticket.

That is a disgrace.
  • Options
    I've got a five year ST so when CAFC do this in two seasons time I will be very happy

: - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

They may have few fans but they will sell out. Great location, affluent area and plenty of Prem fans will happily go.

• Options
    If it is £29  a game then I guess that is what you  have to pay, the ground is pretty small compared to the likes of the established grounds, and I do remember paying £20 plus for games in the Championship so a few years on and standard of football not outrageous! 
    I cannot see too many locals though, the white city estate which  faces the ground is like a poor man's Cherry Orchard, so the logic of Holland  Park media types, are similar with us and parts of Blackheath, and I do not notice too many of those type down there!.  Think that QPR will be marketed as a Chelsea reserves so  may well get a 'novelty fan' to see what all the fuss is about!.
    Ground seemed pretty basic to me 2 years ago!....... 

• Options

The point is QPR will attract a lot of plastics and will get big crowds for the top games, this is designed to rook as much money as possible out of the Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea matches were large numbers of away fans are expected.

• Options
    edited May 2011

Went to QPR a couple of years back, got cheapish tickets as was under 21 then but not impressed by the ground at all, both main stands have large pillars which mean many seats have some kind of restricted view and there was no leg room at all. Certainly not up to Prem standards and can't believe they are charging over 50 quid for most tickets. Interestingly, went to Wigan v Man Utd this season, 25 quid for an adult ticket with one of the best views of the pitch- half way line half way up. There were plenty of tickets that were 20 quid or less.

Fortunately at QPR saw a really good game and think it was 3-2 to QPR.

• Options
    So far a whopping 124 are attending the protest:

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=211231308911140
  • Options
    Amit Bhatia has announced his resignation as vice chairman of QPR after
    falling out with the club's board over their recent hike in season
    ticket prices.

LINK
    Bhatia is the son in law of Lakshmi Mittal - one of the richest men in the world, nice to think that they are thinking of the fans
  • Options
    To be fair it sounds as if the Mittals are actually the good (or at least better) guys here.

I think Briatore and Ecclestone are even trying to screw them over as well as the fans as they have baulked at new demands in terms of share value to take full control.

At least Flavio and Bernie aren't bothered who they scam.
  • Options
    Ancelotti being linked to QPR, can't see it happening
  • Options
    I think there's a very high chance Warnock will be out of that club within a month.
  • Options
    Small club with idea's of grandeur.  In the words of their top bloke they are a Boutique Club.  Muppet.