Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Midfield duo still to commit to Addicks

Comments

• Options
    I want to see them both go. They're overrated, overpaid and over here. We need new blood after 3 dreadful years. So rock on Racon and see you go Seemed ---o

This
  • Options
    Racon can go. His mate Jose i would like to stay.
  • Options
    Racon can go. His mate Jose i would like to stay.
    you're a poet .. and dont know it
  • Options

New blood - fine. But if theres a major clearout then we can forget about promotion next season already.
    I just cant understand why were letting our most gifted player go, when we apparently can afford a new academy manager and 7 new scouts.
    The Racon family is happy in London. I should think he is accepting a wage cut.

• Options
    Thought Racon outplayed AV's Michael Bradley throughout most of Tuesday's game with little help from anyone else on that roster. 

The kid is talented.
  • Options
    Yeah, I still firmly believe Racs has a lot to offer and played well in far more games than he was given credit for last season. It's become a bit of a cliche that he goes missing in games I don't think the was really true that often last season. As mutley says, if you want to progress as a side you keep your best players and add to them. Racon is one of our best players, he's not a football genius but he's streets ahead of some of squad and ahead of most in the division for skill and technique. We should try to keep him and put better players around him. We do need a clearout but letting players like Racon and Semedo leave (unless our handa re tied because they want out or are getting offers we can't match elsewhere) is throwing the baby out with the bath water. We might as well get rid of BWP and Jackson while we're at, after all they both played their part in our worst season for 80 odd years.
  • Options
    Exiled- make you 100% right - the formula is simple- you identify who your best players are and you build around that. Our ratings from last season give a clue as to who they are and confirm that Racon and Semedo are firmly in best player category as is Elliot by the way.
  • Options
    Exiled- make you 100% right - the formula is simple- you identify who your best players are and you build around that. Our ratings from last season give a clue as to who they are and confirm that Racon and Semedo are firmly in best player category as is Elliot by the way.

Would you say a central midfield of Racon and Semedo is the answer though?
  • Options
    Would you say a central midfield of Racon and Semedo is the answer though?

I honestly reckon that Semedo is class for us... and could do a job better than any of the centre backs we've had in this division! As for Racon, think hes a class midfielder and would be a really really good squad player! If we are going to win this league we need to have players of this class availble for rotation! Just because we are adding players to the squad, doesn't mean we need to get rid of our better players from last season just because they play in the same position...

However i think that Semedo will return to Portugal and Racon will stay!

• Options
    Must admit- I liked Racon on the left - needs an attacking left back to compliment but think this is the way to go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No, probably not.................but I agree with exiled on this. We need to be keeping our most skilful players and the sign of  agreat (not just good) manager or coach is to get the right blend  of players. Perhaps Semedo (if he stays) could play centre half or part of  a midfield 5 ?

Personally I would like to see Racon playing with a more tough "enforcer" , so giving him licence to get forward more.

It all academic anyway as I suspect that they will both be off.

• Options
    The two are obviously not suited to play with each other, but they are equally both very good players at this level! I think the better option would be to keep Racon and let Jose go (seeing as we have now got Hollands in). As already stated by Exiled, Racon is streets ahead of most players in this league in regards to skill and technique and given the right midfield partner, could definitely turn into the defence splitting midfielder, we all think he can be!
  • Options
    Racon has had 3 seasons to prove himself to be a defence splitting midfielder, and has single figures for both goals and assists. Happy to keep him as a squad player, but talk of moulding the midfield around him is ridiculous.
  • Options
    But my point is Dabos, in those three seasons he has been playing with Semedo!?I want to see him with a different midfield partner!
  • Options
    I think racon would find it hard to turn us down, he's just had a kid, settled in the area and knows the club already, i hope we keep him because i really think semedo relied on him too much when they was both in the middle, every time the ball went to semedo he'd look for racon and it was as if there's too much pressure on racon to make every chance, i think if we let racon drift ( i think he's perfect to play off a front man by the way) and fill in gap's he'd be better as he can pick the ball up where he wants and semedo would also have somebody to cover him ( if they both stay)
  • Options
    I reckon Semedo is all but gone now, he seems like a very family orientated man. If he has brothers and sisters up there, then I think he is a gonner!
  • Options
    One thing struck me about Racon's often very decent performances towards the end of the season .....he seemed to thrive on having more freedom to play his own game, and consequently looked very good indeed at times.

Maybe that is Chris Powell's influence, wanting Racon to express himself more creatively and show his talent - rather than chase the ball down?
  • Options
    Marrioott .........Racon is 27. Hardly a kid!

;o)
  • Options
    I think it is generally agreed that Racon had a decent second half of the season.  Is that because CP drafted in other central midfielders, so allowing Racon to express himself more in a forward position, rather than having to wait for the sideways pass from Semedo.
  • Options

Marrioott .........Racon is 27. Hardly a kid!

;o)

Oggy you'll have to learn to read Marriott said he's just had a kid!!!!!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So he did!

Clown shoes for me, ha ha
  • Options
    I haven't given up on Jose yet - when Powell said it was out of our hands he was referring to the fact that there isn't much we can do but wait. Semedo will need to get the right offer which isn't guaranteed. It is a real option for him to take the hit and extend for just one more season if a bumper offer doesn't come his way. He would be th efirst name on the team sheet here. loved by the fans, it is a springboard where as leaving could send his career into a negative cycle.
  • Options
    Another reason why it would nice if we signed someone. Demonstrate to Semedo that we are serious about building a team (around him if he stays) to get out of this division.
  • Options
    want both to go. Have cost us over 600k per year in wages between them and what have we got. Three goals and about ten assists. Whoopee do. Some midfield.
  • Options

I see the Racon fan club is back.

Still can't get what people see in him, ball control is terrible as well as his shooting and he's a black man with no pace which quite rare.

• Options
    Biggie Smalls didnt have any pace, or Barry White.
  • Options
    Racon made 37 appearances last season and was our most consistent performer. Where do I get this from? the statbank thread at the top of the Forum. This represents the scoring of his performances in relation to all of our other players by everybody on this site who wathed the games. You may know more than the majority but it is the majority you are arguing against, not the small select club you infer.
  • Options
    No ball control?Are you kidding me?He is the only player in our team who seems to have the ability to have the ball stick to his feet!
  • Options

No ball control, are you kidding me?His control of the ball is the most elegant feature of his game, which I think is fantastic!

Sometimes I do beg to ask whether some people on here are watching the same team as me!?

• Options
    If Racon was our most consistent performer last season all that goes to prove is just how shite the rest of them were.