Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

marcus bent, unsung hero

he must be getting super fit the way he's been covering the park...the thought of him and darren bent leading the attack is starting to look awesome...

Comments

• Options
    i wouldn't go that far yet, he is only really doing what i would expect him to do every game. The fact it has taken so long to get there still saddens me, but its right that the upturn in his workrate is getting noticed.

Just needs a goal.
  • Options
    it is about time - hero not yet - but he is going in the right direction. Thought he was excellent saturday.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i wouldn't go that far yet, he is only really doing what i would expect him to do every game. The fact it has taken so long to get there still saddens me, but its right that the upturn in his workrate is getting noticed.

Just needs a goal.

Agree totally but still hoping that the two bents can work some magic.
  • Options
    Been sayin for ages re Big bent, he did well on sat, well ever since his chat with pards. Ultimately it all comes down to pards' man management skills, top notch.
  • Options
    ultimately hard work wont keep us up but goals might, so b4 this athlete get's too much praise let's see some goals from him.. i mean a lone striker up front who doesn't score is hardly gonna see us stay up
  • Options
    I'm really pleased about his increased work rate, but he is still infuriating as hell!!

Ran all the from one side of the pitch to the other, in the process closing down 3 players, but then in the next piece of action, fails to put the same effort in to close an oppo player down 5 yards away or to move 2/3 yrds for a through ball.

Much improved but still needs move up another gear or two IMO.
  • Options
    I have been praising him for a few games now, think he is playing really well, working hard and holding the ball up as well as a lone striker can. When Dazza is back we will reap the rewards. I agree that it is a shame that pre-Pards we only saw glimpses of him play this well.
  • Options
    I thought he played well also, but my god why didn't we stick the ball into the box for him to attack?
  • Options
    lack of quality in the middle
  • Options
    i've been impressed with his aerial dominance aswell seems to be up for winning everything skywards, its like having a new player. Will be a quality auxillary striker with benty feeding off his flick on's and both their workrates running defences into the ground.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]ultimately hard work wont keep us up but goals might, so b4 this athlete get's too much praise let's see some goals from him.. i mean a lone striker up front who doesn't score is hardly gonna see us stay up

I think you're being a bit hard on Big Bent, Morts.

As everyone has seen, he's working his butt off for the team, just like in his Everton days, but he won't score without some kind of service.

Lone strikers don't often score many themselves but they do make chances for supporting midfielders to score -
    like Faye's big chance against Chelsea.