Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dave Jones sacked by Cardiff

Won't be out of work for long me thinks

Comments

• ......another short sighted move..... Henry.... He wont be out of a job for too long... I cant see Cardiff being amongst the promotion pack next year
  • edited May 2011

We should have tried to get him as Curbs' successor.

Not hindsight I (and Latimer if I remember rightly) said so at the time.

• haha Dave Jones to Charlton come on.

guy is a one trick pony and when it is big games in playoffs his teams fold simple

that means he will be west ham boss  next season with west ham  losing in playoff semis to millwall lol

• Sam Allardyce to be appointed Wet Spam boss this week.
  • Never liked the bloke, dunno why. I guess it's the whining scouse in him.
  • Lee Clark will be next
  • edited May 2011
    Lee Clark will be next

Suspect you're right there, he's had two seasons of solid backing from his Chairman and two tends to be the most you can expect to get in management these days.

Likewise, Dave Jones has been well backed and I'm not sure he can have too many complaints. Had attacking talent like Bellamy, Bothroyd, Chopra and Whittingham on his books as well as players like Aaron Ramsey and Emmanuel Thomas on loan at some points. No real exuse for failing to get out of the Championship with that kind of talent at your disposal, even if Mark Hudson is your captain. Especially when you consider Norwich got sucessive promotions with Grant Holt leading the line (not dissing Holt, just he was signed from Shrewsbury and has nowhere near the pedigree of player like Bellamy).

Question is, will his replacement get access to the same level of talent and funds?

• Lee Clark will be next

Suspect you're right there, he's had two seasons of solid backing from his Chairman and two tends to be the most you can expect to get in management these days.

Likewise, Dave Jones has been well backed and I'm not sure he can have too many complaints. Had attacking talent like Bellamy, Bothroyd, Chopra and Whittingham on his books as well as players like Aaron Ramsey and Emmanuel Thomas on loan at some points. No real exuse for failing to get out of the Championship with that kind of talent at your disposal, even if Mark Hudson is your captain. Especially when you consider Norwich got sucessive promotions with Grant Holt leading the line (not dissing Holt, just he was signed from Shrewsbury and has nowhere near the pedigree of player like Bellamy).

Question is, will his replacement get access to the same level of talent and funds?

Good summary. Jones strikes me as a 'flapper', all right when the going is good and not a man who inspires confidence in a crisis. Clark is the same. His team selection for the final was ridiculous,  picking Afobe and not Rhodes for example. Looks good suited, tied and booted though. Huddersfield will not be spending so much this year. At this level, less is often more. The fewer players you have then the easier is selection and discipline provided serious injuries are avoided.

Lambert is proving to be a master manager. Who knows how men like him do it, to get the respect and devotion of a group of players and have the tactical nous to get the absolute best from them . Curbishley had it for a long time, Let's hope Powell has a touch of the Lambert magics ...

• Can't complain really can he.

Biggest budget in the Championship this season by a mile. I think only Newcastle had more at their disposal last season.

Losing a play-off final in six years of pushing hard is not going to pay the bills and at Cardiff whatever noises they like to put out and PR games they play, there are an awful lot of bills.
  • well, once i hanged up my boots i turned my hand to a bit of management and........
  • Sponsored links:

• and any club which has got in bed with Risdale the fiddler (allegedly) at any time has all my very worst wishes
  • Stupid move by Cardiff - who'll they get who's better? Ian Dowie?
  • Ian Dowie hahahahahha