Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sam Allardyce - New West Ham Manager

Just been announced.

Comments

• Options
    well i'm sure they'll get the excitement and brand of football they so craved that curbishley couldn't provide them with
  • Options
    HOOOOOOOOF!
  • Options
    Ha ha!
  • Options

Good appointment for them.

Reckon they will go straight back up - should have got him in january.

• Options
    if they had gone with him last season they would not have gone down

this makes it the best possible time to give him the job

Thats Sullivan, Gold and Brady logic for you
  • Options
    Good appointment. Although some fans on sky sports news claim he doesn't play the West Ham way. They must be referring to the high number of wins he achieves.
  • Options
    Brady sacked Zola in a 90 second phone call or similar.
    Brady sacked Grant in a borrowed meeting room at Wigan

How will it end for Big Sam ?

WHU have lost the respect of football in general, now that these jokers are in charge. 
  • Options
    Not a fan of Big Sam, but he will do a good job for them. I'm sure they'll be promoted in the coming season.
  • Options
    Big Sam reckons that the Hamsters will play a passing game at home and have a tight ship away from home. Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me. Players need to play to a system. not fanny around.  But if he plays it tight the way he always does the chances are that West Ham will do okay and go up. 
    Good manager. What does Uncle think?
  • Options
    Don't like West Ham, don't like Allardyce but have a horrible feeling he'll do well there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Risky appointment - If it doesn't start well, fans might start to get frustrated if footbal isn't of th etraditional West Ham variety.
  • Options
    Risky appointment - If it doesn't start well, fans might start to get frustrated if footbal isn't of th etraditional West Ham variety.
    Which is what - "patchy"?
  • Options
    Good appointment, should take them straight back up.
  • Options

Effing West Ham traditional football! WTF is that then? The Academy of Football. Pah! Don't make me laugh. WHU fans need to realise that Brooking, Devonshire, Moore, Peters, Bonds, Lampard and Hurst no longer play for West Ham. John Lyall and Ron Greenwood are no longer in charge either.

They have been a club in decline for years, both on and off the field.

• Options

Effing West Ham traditional football! WTF is that then? The Academy of Football. Pah! Don't make me laugh. WHU fans need to realise that Brooking, Devonshire, Moore, Peters, Bonds, Lampard and Hurst no longer play for West Ham. John Lyall and Ron Greenwood are no longer in charge either.

They have been a club in decline for years, both on and off the field.

Cue Oohaah!
  • Options

Not 100% sure about this one. No doubt if they'd have had him in place since Jan they'd have stayed up IMO but I'm not convinced he's the right sort of manager to get them up there in the first place if that makes sense. He might make the difference in whether players stay or not perhaps but then again not sure they'd want that bunch there anyway, with a couple of exceptions.

Can't see him and the Hammers board getting along either.

• Options
    They wont win the World Cup again!
  • Options
    On the whole I think it's the best that they could do in appointing Sam. What's not clear of course is what players he will have to pick. Wasn't it announced that they are still 80 million in debt ? Huge contracts on players that they won't be able to give away eating away at the little money they do have for the team. Would still tip them to get back up at first attempt but failure would have very serious consequences. Will be fascinating.
  • Options
    I have a horrible feeling that he will do well for them. A lot will depend on whether he gets off to a good start. I think the fans are not likely to be very patient with his style of football and if the results don't start happening quickly, the pressure will be well and truely on.