Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone see the Chelsea "Bromley" flag?

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
Don't things like this make you sick? A London borough having a supporters club for the other side of London.
I could just about accept a Woolwhich branch of the Gooners for historical reasons but Chelsea Bromley? PAH!!
I wonder if Henry's lot know them?

Comments

• Options
    To be fair Chelsea have always had good support from Bromley. Well I know 3 Chelsea fans from Bromley.

Henry can correct me on this but I always thought it went Chelsea, Palace, Charlton, Millwall in that order.
  • Options
    A guy in his late 40'5/early 50's was cycling through Wilmington this morning in the new Chelsea Tracksuit.

I nearly ran him over.

Not on purpose of course.
  • Options
    There are more Chelsea everywhere now.

I've been traveling to Ireland with work for a few years now. you never ever saw a Chelsea shirt, scarf or sticker. Now, they are almost as big as Man Yoo.

sickening.
  • Options
    Its amazing what a large amount of money and a little success does for the fan base. Over time, they may even get to learn the songs (and sing!). Roy Keane and prawn sarnies spring to mind.
  • Options
    I'm sure the hoards of rent a fan will soon move on to who ever wins the title this year!
  • Options
    Where I used to live in Chessington Surrey is a Chelsea stronghold as is Wimbledon where I went Dog racing on Saturday night & there was loads of people wearing chelsea tops there, all mongs mind..!
  • Options
    Just as long as they don't make inroads into our stronghold of Gillingham.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]A guy in his late 40'5/early 50's was cycling through Wilmington this morning in the new Chelsea Tracksuit.
    I nearly ran him over. Not on purpose of course.
    So what you are saying is that you missed him although you did try your best! Fair enough.
  • Options
    well 20 years ago we only had 5.5k hardcore so people in glass houses and all that
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]well 20 years ago we only had 5.5k hardcore so people in glass houses and all that

20 years ago we were at another team's ground so hardly surprising.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]well 20 years ago we only had 5.5k hardcore so people in glass houses and all that

20 years ago we were at another team's ground so hardly surprising.
    22 years ago then and make it 4.5k
  • Options
    And 50 years ago we had 50/60k. I'm missing the point here.
  • Options
    the point being everyone's moaning about there being more chelsea fans about but that's what happens when a club achieve success , our relative success has seen the numbers swell at the valley
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]the point being everyone's moaning about there being more chelsea fans about but that's what happens when a club achieve success , our relative success has seen the numbers swell at the valley

Well my original point was about a branch of Chelsea's fan club being nearer to us than to Stamford Bridge. It just gets my back up. Like when I see loads of Dads and kids at Eltham station when I come home in the evening, in their Chelsea strips going to an evening game. Always more than Arsenal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]Just as long as they don't make inroads into our stronghold of Gillingham.

I know that was said in jest, but they already have....

Travelling back from the Carling Cup game last season, the train was full of the bu**ers in their replica kit. Loads got off at Chatham, Gillingham, Rainham and Sittingbourne, with plenty more going even further down the line.....
  • Options
    Medders is correct I was on same last train home from Victoria packed full of Chelsea, funnily enough that train got diverted & I seem to remember it slowly travelling past the Valley just to rub their noses in it that night. See plenty of chelsea fans at Sittingbourne station on a Saturday morning as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Where I used to live in Chessington Surrey is a Chelsea stronghold as is Wimbledon where I went Dog racing on Saturday night & there was loads of people wearing chelsea tops there, all mongs mind..!

the only time you see chelsea fans in wimbledon is when they're passing through to get the district line to the game...i saw just one on the station when i left to come to the game on saturday...it seems to be mostly afc wimbledon and fulham and antipodean rugby fans and eastern europeans...
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite][cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]A guy in his late 40'5/early 50's was cycling through Wilmington this morning in the new Chelsea Tracksuit.
    I nearly ran him over. Not on purpose of course.

I think I know who you mean, try and get the barsteward on the way home, just in case I miss!