Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

One problem with relying on loanees...........

2 cases today which has made me think         -  both Mancienne (sp) & Borini have been out on loan and have now decided that as the season has ended they want away. Problem is that the clubs that have had their recent services, (in Mancienne's case Wolves have had him for 2 seasons) are doubly stuffed as they will neither have the player next season, but also they will not benefit from any fee that the selling club (Chelsea, in BOTH cases...........funny that) recieve.

just hope we don't rely on too many loans again this coming season

Comments

• Options
    I think we will sign four or five players on loan for the new season.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Flawed argument in that if he was on a 2 year deal at Wolves, what would be the difference? Ther are pros and cons but the advantage with loanees if that smaller clubs can benefit from players they wouldn't normally have a chance of signing permanently. the trick as always is to get the right loans.
  • Options
    Mancienne only played 9 games for Wolves this season. Borini is a fair point though, just like Fraizer Campbell was at Hull a few seasons ago

• Options

I agree with GolfA. Loaning players should only be allowed in extremis. I do not want CAFC used as a proving ground/nursery by a larger club which has it's cake and can eat it too, i.e. their player is paid by the loaning club, can be recalled at any time and gets good experience while the big club manager can assess the player without risking playing him. Big clubs can sign literally scores of young and impressionable players in the knowledge that some mug club in a lower division will pay for their professional education.

Last season Lee Martin for example, though badly used by PP was coming good when he was recalled by Ipswich.  I am disturbed by players such as Bellamy and Borini having a huge impact on promotion and relegation issues while out on loan. Managers should have the courage of their convictions. If they want a player offer him a contract and register him, if thay cant afford him, then tough. 

• Options
    You have to remember it a two way street. Big clubs have big squads of decent quality players that need games for a whole number of reasons. Smaller clubs benefit from a pool of players of a quality that they might not otherwise benefit from. If it's done properly everyone gains. Of course it doesn't always work out but then neither does a permanent signing.
  • Options
    Brendan Rodgers hinted yesterday that Borini had signed a pre-contract agreement with Parma before he even moved to Swansea, so they were never going to be able to sign him.

If Wolves wanted to sign Mancienne why didn't they put a fee clause in the loan deal, like Juve did when they got Aquilani on loan from Liverpool?

Don't see how Wolves or Swansea can feel hard done by at all.
  • Options

A player like Borini wouldn't have been at Swansea anyway so it's not really an argument.  Also the OP isn't considering the  alternative, which doesn't add up in our financial situation: restrict yourself to players who are prepared to sign longer contracts for a League One side and risk getting stuck with them if they don't work out.  It'd have been nice if McCormack was on loan...

Some of the recent loans were pretty horrible - I'm thinking Bouazza, Soares, Cook or Sinclair, but equally a number of loans have worked very well for us: Jacko, Borrowdale, Ward all did well.

• Options
    We won't have Racon and Semedo next season and won't get a fee for either but they weren't on loan.  Loans are great when you bring in the right player at the right time with the right attitude - much like permanent signings really.
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with loan players, its identifying the right ones that will improve your first team that's the vital ingredient
  • Options
    Bad players or players signing for the wrong reasons (Lee Cook to get fit for example) are the problem. It's about getting the right players like AFKA said.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Imo the flaw with the current loan system is that there is only a limit on how many loanee's you can have at your club.
    According to an arsenal website on 31st Jan they had 18 players out on loan.
    if there were restrictions on how many a club could loan out, perhaps it might stop the bigger clubs having virtually all the youngsters that show promise and the talent would filter down the league(s).
    Then again it may be just wishful thinking.
  • Options
    Imo the flaw with the current loan system is that there is only a limit on how many loanee's you can have at your club. According to an arsenal website on 31st Jan they had 18 players out on loan. if there were restrictions on how many a club could loan out, perhaps it might stop the bigger clubs having virtually all the youngsters that show promise and the talent would filter down the league(s). Then again it may be just wishful thinking.
    This!
  • Options
    Loan deals are great...

...on Football Manager 2001 for the PC.  They allow you to get higher quality players at a cheaper price, so you can use your budget improving the stadium, which gives you better ticket sales and therefore more income.

I'll shut up now.
  • Options
    What about the youngsters we've loaned out over the past few years? And I don't mean Prker - though that's a prime example of where it's worked well for us - but the likes of Mambo, Tuna, Sinclair, etc.

We can't really moan if we use it to our advantage too.

Oh sorr, silly me - of course we can moan, and we will, incessantly.
  • Options
    Not quite sure what the Bury Yeovil highlights have to do with this Oohaah...
  • Options
    A player Bury have on loan had a bust up with the Bury captain over who was taking the pen they were awarded.