Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst moments supporting Charlton

OK then, we've relived some great memories on the "best moments" thread, now lets have a "worst moments" thread but keep it to the worst five moments as ten would just be too depressing......

My worst is at the top.....

1] Palace at home, September 1985. We should all know why!
2] Losing abysmally at Selhurst to Wimbledon in 1990 which sent us down into what could have been oblivion.
3] Getting confirmation Scott Parker had joined Chelsea, it punctured so many illusions and dreams.
4] Giving away a two-goal lead in the last two minutes at Millwall in 1989, still hurts even now.
5] Losing to Blackburn in the FMC at a half-empty Wembley in 1987, it was so depressing that we took so few fans.

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2007
    1. Len Glover being transferred to Leicester City 1967

2. Derek Hales being transferred to Derby County 1976

3. Charlton 0 Fulham 1 79/80. The stench of relegation permeated the whole ground and I don't think we had a chance worthy of the name

4. Wycombe this season. I was ashamed at the treatment Les Reed got

5. 7/9/1985
  • Options
    5, the turn out at wembley v blackburn
    4, the selling of parker (and humphrey)
    3, our record against the spanners
    2, getting 'that' letter on 7-9-85

all the above put together doesn't come close to how sad i felt on hearing about pierre bolangi.

1 person famously said "football isn't a matter of life and death. it's more important than that."
    i say "b****cks"
  • Options
    When John Sheridan scored that goal in extra time during the play off final replay at St Andrews.

Didn't last long though.
  • Options
    stepping foot inside Sellout for the first time

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]5, the turn out at wembley v blackburn
    4, the selling of parker (and humphrey)
    3, our record against the spanners
    2, getting 'that' letter on 7-9-85

all the above put together doesn't come close to how sad i felt on hearing about pierre bolangi.

1 person famously said "football isn't a matter of life and death. it's more important than that."
    i say "b****cks"

Very true about Pierre Bolangi RIP
  • Options
    And while mentioning Pierre Bolangi...there is also Tommy Caton.

RIP Pierre and Tommy.
  • Options
    Losing to Sheff Wed last game of the season to relegate us in our 1st season in the Premier League.
  • Options
    1) 1984 deadline day
    2) losing at wembley 1987
    3) losing 5-4 at hillsborough. we had led 3-0 i think. it was 3-1 at half time. i got some stick for that one.
    4) end of andy hunt career
    5) end of rufus career
  • Options
    The game we lost 6-1 to Leeds in the Premiership a couple of seasons ago, we were awful. Wycombe in the cup this year, selling Scotty P and for different reasons Danny Murphy (I'd kill for his creativity now!)
  • Options
    Yeah, sorry, I did not bring Pierre Bolangi into my list, it is probably the single most tragic incident the club has ever been through.