Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Conservatory blinds

We are looking at getting blinds for a 3m x 3m Edwardian conservatory including the roof and wondered if anyone would know approximately what I should be paying including fitting as I have no idea.

Comments

• Options
    My parents had Hilary's out to do just the roof blinds in their 7m x 6m conservatory in the last 6 weeks.  After much haggling, they got the price down to just under £1,500, not too bad considering the 1st quote they had was £2,700.  Was staggered how much difference the blinds make in terms of keeping the temperature down.

Just give em a call and they'll give you a quote.
  • Options
    Avoid the big names who advertise in the Sunday magazines. We have used Hilarys twice for window blinds, and been pleased. £1,500 sounds a good price to me.
  • Options
    We got our upstairs done with Hilary's.  Very happy with the job.  We got it at their sale price - apparently you have to be careful though because their regular prices are twice the sale price.  Other price saving tips, have simple plain cream or white blinds (patterns and fancy colours cost a lot more) and have all done the same (though presumably you're not going to want different types in one conservatory).
  • Options
    God help us. When does the new season start?
  • Options
    God help us. When does the new season start?
    we are going to be in for an absolutely blinding season and Hilarys? .. always good value
  • Options
    Have used Hillarys a few times seemed pretty good

And by the way Grumpy , fixtures are out on the 17th of June! set yourself a reminder :)
  • Options
    Hilary's fitted our ceiling blinds too, we paid about £3k if i remember correctly. We are south facing and made a huge difference to our conservatory
  • Options
    I had Sanderson do my conservatory blinds in my previous house - cost about £2k but was over 5 yrs ago -  well worth it.
  • Options
    Called Hilary's in to do our new ceiling windows, but in the end the family in the flat upstairs got so upset we had to replace the concrete work.