Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andrew Gold - Lonely Boy

Andrew Gold sadly died of a heart attack this weekend . He wrote and performed one of my favorite songs of  the 70's . -  Lonely Boy.  R.I.P

Comments

• Options

RIP

I believe he was the son of Marni Nixon the real voice of Eliza Doolittle in the film My Fair Lady .

My fav of his was 'Thank you for being a friend'

• Options
    edited June 2011
    didn't he also do " never let her slip away "? 

i'm not sure he was prolific in the song writing dept. though i'm happy to be corrected on that?

that's real sad news!%-{
  • Options

1977: "Lonely Boy"  (#11 UK)[5]1978: "How Can This Be Love" (#19 UK)[5]1978: "I'm On My Way"1978: "Thank You for Being a Friend"  (#42 UK)[5]1978: "Never Let Her Slip Away"  (#5 UK)[5]1986: "Right Between The Eyes" #60 UK[6]1987: "Bridge to Your Heart" with Graham Gouldman under the name Wax #12 UK[6
  • Options
    Shame. 'All This and Heaven Too' was a guilty pleasure in the 70s. I'm too cool to own it now. Think I'll get it next time I see one in Barnados. Loved 'Never Let Her Slip Away' and 'Thank You For Being a Friend'. Must be getting old old old - soon be my turn :(
  • Options
    RIP Andrew and yes his mum was the voice of a few 'laterday' stars including Audrey Hepburn I believe.
  • Options
    Never let her slip away, no idea why, but I love that track. RIP
  • Options
    Was very involved with Art Garfunkels music and Linda Ronstadt, Never Let Her Slip Away is one of my all time favourites, and Lonely Boy was just superb, RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Very said. Loved all the songs listed above especially Never Let Her Slip Away, memories of being in love as a teenager.......