Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

GSD pups

Mrs RM and I will be saying goodbye at the end of this week to the first of 11 GSD pups we bred on Easter Sunday. They will be 7 weeks old this coming Sunday and the first two leave us, a further 6 leave next weekend. Hate this part of it.
Took a picture yesterday of them playing (and trying to feed) with their mum (Kass). Just thought I'd share with friends on here.

Comments

• Options
    Ahhh...  Kass is a lovely looking dog too RM.
  • Options
    Just out of interest, How much is the going rate if i wanted to but a gsd with papers?

• Options
    Just out of interest, How much is the going rate if i wanted to but a gsd with papers?

We sell ours with full papers, kennel club registered, tattooed and first vaccinations for £650, + £25 which we have to pay to transfer the papers to the new owners names. If you are interested please inbox me.
  • Options

Red, someone who lurks on here has just text me to ask..............................

Whats Mum and Dads, Hip and Elbow scores?

If you dont want to put it on here, text it back and I'll let them know.

• Options
    Mrs RM and I will be saying goodbye at the end of this week to the first of 11 GSD pups we bred on Easter Sunday. They will be 7 weeks old this coming Sunday and the first two leave us, a further 6 leave next weekend. Hate this part of it.
    Took a picture yesterday of them playing (and trying to feed) with their mum (Kass). Just thought I'd share with friends on here.
    Absolutely fantastic. Must be really emotional for you.
  • Options

Red, someone who lurks on here has just text me to ask..............................

No problem putting on here mate....Kass is 7:7 Hips 0:0 elbows,  Dad is 7:8 Hips.. not had elbows done but his offspring from previous litters are 0:0.

You can direct them to my website mate, pics of Mum and dad, plus loads of the pups on there.

Cheers T.C.E for your help
  • Options
    Absolutely fantastic. Must be really emotional for you.
    Yeah too bloody right, we lost one of our adult dogs two weeks ago....that was bad enough....and now with this 'litter' I've been with them 24/7 and that included sitting up with them overnight for the first two weeks of their lives......if only I could win the lottery I'd keep them all....but I haven't so we have to let them go....all homes are checked and we only let them go with a contract that stipulates they cant be 'moved on' unless we give permission....stops any of our breeding ending up as strays or in a dogs home. We even take them back if 'owners' change their mind.....that's responsible breeding and stops dogs being put to sleep for the wrong reasons.....but it still hutrs like mad when they go......but we've done all we can to ensure they have a great life going forward.
    Thanks for looking as well....dogs arent everyones cup-of-tea.
  • Options
    Lets get them all to sold to lifers I say!I can understand the emotion redmidland, having 2 dogs myself, but must also be a very proud moment, knowing these young ones are going to give other people memories they will never forget!!
  • Options
    I would absolutely love one. Not an option whilst i live by myself and work 9-5 though...
  • Options
    Lets get them all to sold to lifers I say!I can understand the emotion redmidland, having 2 dogs myself, but must also be a very proud moment, knowing these young ones are going to give other people memories they will never forget!!
    Just for information....anyone can see all of our dogs and the new pups on our own website....www.anchazgsd.co.uk......if anyone looks hope they enjoy the pics....'Jed' is the dog I have tattooed on my arm....great dog and very special.....works and shows as the pictures will evidence.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No problem putting on here mate....Kass is 7:7 Hips 0:0 elbows,  Dad is 7:8 Hips.. not had elbows done but his offspring from previous litters are 0:0.

You can direct them to my website mate, pics of Mum and dad, plus loads of the pups on there.

Cheers T.C.E for your help

All passed on mate.

Just for my benefit, do you have the breeding restrictions in your contracts?

Bailey can't be exported or bred from without permission........................

Incidently, the show we were at on sunday had a Staff rescue there. Mrs TCE was talking to the lady after putting a couple of quid in the bucket, she

told her that 5,000 staffs are PTS every week..............5000!!! FFS

• Options
    do you do it as a business red?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    @T.C.E Yes mate full breeding and export conditions are in our contracts. We are determined to 'stop' un-necessary breeding and try to cut down on 'strays'. As for export I would need guarantees that the dogs would be well looked after and cared for......again I've seen too many distressing stories to let any of our breeding suffer.
    We have turned down some big money offered for our dogs from overseas and in 1 case from the UK, where the owner would not identify himself, other than he was extremely rich and would send his driver to collect the puppy......times are very tight for me and Mrs RM, but we told him that even with the money offered (in 5 figures) we would not let them go until we knew where and to whom.....he could not agree to that and so we said no.
    That position may seem daft to some people.....but thats the way we operate, afterall I've spent the last 7 weeks watching this lot grow and to us they need to be well cared for and safe.....money doesnt always guarantee that.

As for the 'staffs' situation......there are 100's round here......some are really well looked after....others have spiked collars etc. you know damn well they will end up in a fight or 'turned out into the streets'.....what a crying shame...and 5,000 a week is just 'crazy'
  • Options
    Unfortunately every little wannabe wide-boy has been getting a staff because in their meatheads they think they look a bit like a pit bull. They then mistreat them and soon get bored, and you're left with a dog that can't be re-homed. Staffs are some of the nicest dogs around, they're big softies who pretty much only want a cuddle out of live, but fewer and fewer people want them due to the aforementioned meatheads causing a growing image problem, so they sit in dog homes with nobody wanting them until they are eventually put down.
  • Options
    do you do it as a business red?
    @sillav - not really, we have only bred our dogs three times in 6 years. All our breeding is suitable for pet, show and working homes and many of our previous litter's are doing very well in agility and working, 3 of them have appeared at Crufts and the rest are in pet homes across the country as far afield as Scotland and London (living with a barrister and his family!!).
    The Army has expressed and interest in our breeding, but we would have to 'run the pups on' for 12 months before they would come to purchase them and thats really difficult to do in our current situation.
    We will be breeding from 'Lexi' towards the end of this year or early next if anyone on here is interested (unless of course any of our 2 remaining dogs and 1 bitch from this litter takes your liking!! LOL)
  • Options
    Unfortunately every little wannabe wide-boy has been getting a staff because in their meatheads they think they look a bit like a pit bull. They then mistreat them and soon get bored, and you're left with a dog that can't be re-homed. Staffs are some of the nicest dogs around, they're big softies who pretty much only want a cuddle out of live, but fewer and fewer people want them due to the aforementioned meatheads causing a growing image problem, so they sit in dog homes with nobody wanting them until they are eventually put down.
    So very true RA.......bloody idiots dont realise what suffering they are going to cause when they get bored. I wonder what they would act like if they ever saw a dog being put-down.....I've been with all mine when the time has come.....it never gets easier and can be distressing on occasions despite the best efforts of the vet
  • Options

Not quite as sensational as your headline  Seth, but you will read the Redtops ; ) 

http://blogs.app.com/saywhat/2009/02/23/poodle-bites-off-womans-nose/

• Options

It isn't always who you think.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/judge-arrested-after-dog-attacks-passerby-for-third-time-in-a-year-2293862.html

Yeah I saw this Seth.......but once again its not the dogs..... its the poxy owners....belive me dogs only react to the way owners have or have not trained them.....judges/wasters/chavs dogs dont know right from wrong if not trained....I currently have 3 GSD's (and 11 pups) and anyone is welcome to come and see them, they will bark.. but only to let us know that people are there....they only 'defend' if we instruct them...otherwise they are soft as soap. I share non-dog owners concerns, I just wish that the government would make it compulsury for ALL dog owners to go to training with their dogs!!!
  • Options

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/judge-arrested-after-dog-attacks-passerby-for-third-time-in-a-year-2293862.html

Yeah I saw this Seth.......but once again its not the dogs..... its the poxy owners....belive me dogs only react to the way owners have or have not trained them.....judges/wasters/chavs dogs dont know right from wrong if not trained....I currently have 3 GSD's (and 11 pups) and anyone is welcome to come and see them, they will bark.. but only to let us know that people are there....they only 'defend' if we instruct them...otherwise they are soft as soap. I share non-dog owners concerns, I just wish that the government would make it compulsury for ALL dog owners to go to training with their dogs!!!

With respect Red, its compulsory to have Tax, Mot and insurance on a car along with a licence to drive. And we all know how well that works.

The only thing I can think of is licenced breeders, where unless a dog is sold to another breeder its spayed/neutered.............................

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I mentioned before (even though I am wary of them) that an ex-girlfriend had a phenomenal German Shepherd Dog. Once it got to know you it was sort of telepathic, especially good at showing routes and directions and being pretty businesslike, but good company too. However the dog used to totally freak if I got in the car with her family, and wanted to chaw me in half it seemed! Must have been some kind of territorial thing going on. It happened every time, but the first time really suprised us all. Luckily the 'dad' was quick to react, and calm the situation...I am mightily glad he did, but it serves as a warning/reminder that animals are quite unpredictable at times.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    ...tattooed and first vaccinations
    @Redmidland who does the tattoo's? The guy in New Eltham, the one in Charlton, or someone over the bridge? ;-) 
  • Options
    there leaving their mother at 7 weeks old?  bit soon no?
  • Options
    there leaving their mother at 7 weeks old?  bit soon no?
    Normal age for leaving their mum is between 7-9 weeks, most of ours are going at 8 weeks and 1 at 9 weeks, 2 going at 7 weeks.
  • Options

With respect Red, its compulsory to have Tax, Mot and insurance on a car along with a licence to drive. And we all know how well that works.

The only thing I can think of is licenced breeders, where unless a dog is sold to another breeder its spayed/neutered.............................

Yeah good point TCE, but something has to be done.....irresponsible dog owners are not giving responsible owners a good name, dogs are being destroyed for no reason and there are so many in rescue homes, that's just the surface of it....dog pooh everywhere is just another sign of ignorance by these owners.
    Your point about licenced breeders is potentially a runner...but once again the powers that be need to step in.....but we all know that whatever system/law is brought in there will always be those that just blatantly ignore it.

• Options
    personally i wouldnt let any go before 8 weeks. that extra week makes a big difference to their behavior.