Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Man City spend 107% of their revenue on wages!

Crikey! And they are not even the top wage pyers - Chelsea at £174m.

Engliish collective club debts now stand at around £3.5bn.

What a strange sport.

Comments

• We keep saying the PL bubble will burst but it doesn't seem that way.
  • Yaya toure earns 700k per month before tax! Ridiculous! I've seen the proof!
  • How much is 107% of their revenue then? I don't have a calulator with me.
    ;o)
  • Look, its just a figure of speech, OK?
  • And these figures are for 09/10. Man City probably spent more last season and now they're in the Champions League might try and bring in a few more big names.

Strange thought that within months someone like Yaya Toure earns more than our entire wage and transfer budget for the season.
  • And these figures are for 09/10. Man City probably spent more last season and now they're in the Champions League might try and bring in a few more big names.

Strange thought that within months someone like Yaya Toure earns more than our entire wage and transfer budget for the season.
    wouldn't call it strange, I call it obscene
  • edited June 2011
    If you are interested in seeing the financial information for all the Premier League clubs for the past three seasons, I've prepared these tables...
    Premier League Finances
  • You cannot spend 107% of your revenue. You can only spend a maximum of 100% of your revenue.

• Of course you spend more than 100% of revenue - you borrow 7%. Unfortunately we have been doing excatly the same but it can't go on forever. And of course if the goverment were to only spend 7% more than revenue - but that'll put the cat amonsgst the pigeons!
  • Sponsored links:

• You cannot spend 107% of your revenue. You can only spend a maximum of 100% of your revenue.

Most Joe public spend 100% + of their revenue with mortgages, credit cards overdrafts etc.
    How could anyone live on that?
    Not bad for a defensive midfielder by trade but what sort of club would pay their 'water carrier' more than anyone else at the club including the attacking players?

Well i could try to  live on that  .. makes Semedos wages seem peanuts!

• This reflects the admirable work done by the FA and FIFA in developing the game. What a shame they don't give a monkeys about the real lifeblood of the game, the supporters.

• How can Spurs charge a higher "facility fee" than Arsenal?
    Not bad for a defensive midfielder by trade but what sort of club would pay their 'water carrier' more than anyone else at the club including the attacking players?
    Yaya Toure is not a defensive player. He played there for Barcelona, but doesn't for Man City and doesn't for his country.
  • I was thinking the other day that Footballers are lucky bastards - because it is a game there are rules which say both teams should have an equal amount of players. As the number of players you can play is restricted by the rules of the game, a player who is 5% better than another can be worth 100% more. Unfortunately the same artificial rules do not apply to us as most of our work is not a game with rules so unless you have a specific valuable skill, it is cheaper and more effective to pay 2 or 3 people less than to employ one on big money, even if they might be 20% plus more effective. If you are a cleaner you really are stuffed where as for some of us, accomodation costs might give us a modicum of bargaining power.

Now if they changed the rules to say that rather than limit the teams to a number of players, clubs are limited by the toatal wage of the team - I could get 200 players on the pitch thrashing the hell out on Man City's 11, probably still at a fraction of the cost. Mind you - not sure it would be much of a spectacle. Sorry - it is Friday afternoon!