Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FYI any females on board

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
Detectives are hunting a sex attacker who has assaulted three women.
Officers are urging women to take care when walking alone and to stay in well lit areas after a series of attacks in south east London.

In three separate incidents, women were grabbed from behind by a man.
Two of the victims, who are all white and were wearing skirts, managed to escape but one was forced to the ground and sexually assaulted, police said.

The 20-year-old woman was making her way home at 1.30am on January 15 when she was attacked in Crooklog, Bexleyheath.
A second woman, 41, was walking to work along Beverley Road, close to Barnehurst Railway station, at 8am on January 22 when she was grabbed.

A third attack took place early on Thursday, at 6.15am, when a 25-year-old woman was en route to work.
She was in Hornfair Road, close to the junction with Shooters Hill Road, in Charlton, Greenwich, when a man grabbed her by the throat.

He tried to sexually assault her but gave up after a struggle and ran off.
None of the women needed hospital treatment after the attacks, which are now being investigated by officers from Greenwich CID and Bexleyheath Sapphire Unit.

The suspect is described as a white man, aged around 20, between 5ft 8in and 5ft 10in and of slim build.
Witnesses to any of the attacks or anyone with information should contact the incident room on 0208 2849 818 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

More on This Story

Newshopper article
Take precautions

Comments

• Options
    the Bexleyheath Police were onto this very quickly. Just two days after the Barnehurst attack they were handing out leaflets at the station asking for any information. Just hope they catch him quickly and before he can strike again.
  • Options
    coward

from behind as well. piece of shit
  • Options
    coward

from behind as well. piece of shit
  • Options
    8am in broad daylight? that would really put the wind up most women walking to barnehurst station every morning.
  • Options
    terrible. terrifying stuff.

the OAP rapist struck in Sidcup recently as well.

scum
  • Options
    now that is something i can't get my head round - raping old grannies - just don't get it. Any rape is shocking but someone of like 80 yrs old is just wrong.
  • Options
    or babies arf.

all terribly sad that it goes on and so close to home makes it even sadder.

hope they catch them and chop their bits off.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
  • Options
    As suzi says, castrating the b*stards is the way forward
  • Options
    On that subject, I Watched Hard candy yesterday, made my eyes water, !!