Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Walton looking to stay at Cardiff

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
??

"I am excited by coming to Cardiff because I believe it's a big club going in the right direction ... if things work out well here, I would certainly be looking to stay."

http://ipswichtown.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=911&p=2&stid=8437665

Comments

• Options
    Don't think he's got that much say in the matter. He is still a Charlton player after all.
  • Options
    well you could interpret that as meaning he knows he doesn't have a future here
    ... alternatively perhaps he is on an initial one month contract and is just expressing his desire to ttay till the summer?
  • Options
    Yeah, could be that. Anyway, I'd quite like to see him play - sounds like he could be the Scotty Parker - type of player we've missed for the last however many years.
  • Options
    He's just arrived at a new club......he's probably anxious to settle in, make all the right noises and be accepted there?
  • Options
    MOM in first game for them, the hat eating could well start soon....................
  • Options
    Notice the common denominator between Ipswich and Cardiff?

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
  • Options
    Its probably more that he senses Pardew does not rate him highly enough to play in the Prem and that he is, quite understandably, looking to secure a deal with someone that actually wants him.
    He must see the arrival of Song, and to a lesser extent ZZ, as a real slap in the face given that we are 2nd bottom and he has yet to be given a chance at first team football yet we bring in two other players with less experience than him.
  • Options
    TT
    edited February 2007
    http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0600soccer/0900cardiffcity/tm _headline=nightmare-at-ninian%26method=full%26objectid=18574 567%26siteid=50082-name_page.html

Suggests Pardew doesn't rate him...
  • Options
    "Alan Pardew told me my chances would be very limited at Charlton and that he would like me to go on loan until the end of the season and then see what happens."

Walton says that he chose the Bluebirds over a return to Ipswich and "one or two other clubs", opting for a promotion push instead of mid-table obscurity.

Whether that will result in his two current clubs switching divisions at the end of the season remains to be seen.

"You never know what can happen, but the Charlton manager told me that with the way things are going it would be very difficult to get my chance there this season," added Walton.

"This is a shop window for me. I want to show Alan Pardew what I can do.
    "But at the same time I want to show the gaffer here that he was right to take a chance on me."
  • Options
    To be fair blooding a youngster with a suspect temperament in the premiership in our situation wouldn't have been the best idea. I'm pretty sure that's Pardews thinking rather than 'loan him out he's not good enough'. If we go down he'll be a pivotal part of our team next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]To be fair blooding a youngster with a suspect temperament in the premiership in our situation wouldn't have been the best idea. I'm pretty sure that's Pardews thinking rather than 'loan him out he's not good enough'. If we go down he'll be a pivotal part of our team next season.

As opposed to acquiring Zheng Zhi, who was suspended for spitting at a linesman...

If he's not going to play then he's better off getting experience elsewhere and it lightens the wage bill a fraction. I doubt that he'd have gone if Song hadn't been loaned to us, but he's still young and polaying regularly is better than coming on as sub here and there.