Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

4-4-2 next year...?

Do you think Powell will stick with a 4-4-2 next season or do you think he'll go for the more 'fashionable' 4-3-3/4-5-1? I'd like to see a 3 man central trio of Hollands, Alonso and Jackson - but I'm not sure if that fits well with BWP's strengths....?

I'm feeling positive - get a few more defenders through the door and I'll be backing us for promotion!

Comments

• Options
    I have no idea of what sort of team we can put out at the moment
  • Options
    I'd imagine 4-4-2 with Hayes and BWP together upfront. Fine with Jackson on the left still.
  • Options
    Some of them haven't been signed yet
  • Options
    No way of telling yet but I doubt it will be 4-4-2 . I hope it isn't. Much rather 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-3-1-1
  • Options
    I'd imagine Powell will start with 4-4-2, suits BWP and from the sounds of it Hayes. Hopefully other signings will give us the option to change if needed.
  • Options
    Or Hayes plays in the hole as link man?
  • Options
    Or Hayes plays in the hole as link man?
    True, which can called any of 4-4-2/4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1 etc.
  • Options
    what type of player is Hayes? what player would you compare his style of play too?...heard of him, just never seen him in action.
  • Options
    deon burton is a good comparison gary
  • Options
    Andy Hunt but not as good & not as prolific. Expect 15-20 goals though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think we should go for the old WM formation, just to shake it up a bit.
  • Options
    This is starting to read like the interview with Mike Bassett.  We already have Benson signed up - any chance of us finding a Hedges to partner him?
  • Options
    why not just say we can have multiple formations?
  • Options
    I'd say 4-4-2 is the only way to go with the players we have. If BWP plays up on his own and the service isn't coming in enough he gets stroppy and goes missing, and playing him in one of the wide roles takes him away from being able to pick up scraps in the box and pounce on chances which is his best strength. When we played Exeter at The Valley we had Pav holding nothing up and BWP was nowhere to be seen until we pushed him up front and he nicked a goal. We've got some good central midfielders to merit a more packed midfield but it's not much use if we can't get any goals at the end of the day