Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Line up at the moment

edited June 2011 in General Charlton
I know there's going to be more signings but is this how it's shaping up at the moment?

Sullivan/ Elliot? Solly ? ? Evina Wagstaff Alonso Hollands Jackson BWP Hayes Will Solly and Wagstaff start?

Comments

• Options
    It's when you actually put down a team on paper that you realise that there is at the moment no strength in depth whatsoever. Six more players will still leave us looking thin I think. I hope that six more players don't include a couple of decent loans.
  • Options
    Don't think there will be a spot for waggy dolly possibly
  • Options

before anymore ins and outs and assuming lots of departures on June 30th?

Sullivan ... Francis, Doherty, Mambo, Evina ...... Wagstaff, Hollands, Alonso (oh oh), Jackson ........ Wright-Phillips, Hayes

That, to me, looks as strong a side as any put out last season. 

• Options
    Doherty won't be on the team (won't be with the club)

I hope we get 2 CBs and a RWinger

Rest of the team picks itself
  • Options

I suspect that we might see quite a bit more of The Doc than a lot of people expect.
  • Options
    i think doc will be the only survivor out of the centre backs (hopefully as cover only) - or has Dailly re signed?
  • Options

I suspect that we might see quite a bit more of The Doc than a lot of people expect.
    agreed, every club has a player the fans love to hate. At Charlton it seems the fans need eight to hate (or nine)
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    The only way that I will see the Doc next season is if he's doing the half time draw each home game

and thats doubtful as not sure if he could make it from the side of the pitch to the centre circle and back within 15 minutes
  • Options

Sullivan ... Francis, Doherty, Mambo, Evina ...... Wagstaff, Hollands, Alonso (oh oh), Jackson ........ Wright-Phillips, Hayes

Yep - but look at the season we had last year. This defence (bar Evina who I have never seen play and can't comment on) would get torn to bits in my opinion. Francis, Doherty and Mambo should be nothing more than back up players if we want to go up this year.
  • Options
    Mambo to start ... highly unrealistic 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Evina is probably only a back up player too. Powell specified that "he gives us options on the left" which doesn't sound like he was brought in as a starter. Hope we are still pursuing Wiggins. In an ideal world Wiggins, Green, Donaldson, Dailly and a couple of CHs would give us the strongest squad in the division. Bring it on.
  • Options

Yep - but look at the season we had last year. This defence (bar Evina who I have never seen play and can't comment on) would get torn to bits in my opinion. Francis, Doherty and Mambo should be nothing more than back up players if we want to go up this year.
    i DO say ... with the players we have actually signed so far .... I am just attempting to show that even before more players arrive and / or any more sign on after 30th june, the side is not tooo shabby
  • Options
    with Mambo Francis and Doherty in defence the side would be dreadful
  • Options
    So if we do bring in Green and Stephens then we have competition in the middle and both flanks, Harriott will be the left hand understudy I would guess.  So we can hopefully get in a rightback and two CDs now
  • Options
    i presume with that defence we are hoping to win every game 6-5?

we need 2 CB's and a RB. altho id be happy enough with solly RB if need be.
  • Options
    i presume with that defence we are hoping to win every game 6-5?

You've rumbled the masterplan mate.  King Chris is going to grow his barnet and don a tracksuit and McCormack is going to transform into the Irish Faustino Asprillia, cartwheels n'all.

The season will see us joint top in May with bitter rivals Leyton Orient level on points with Goals for 249 and Goals Against 248 culminating in an emotional final day outburst from King Chris saying "I'll looooove it if we beat them. Looooove it."

• Options
    with dailly ripping off his wig to reveal a shiny bald head before kicking the shit out of a south london press advertising board then throwing one of his Umbro specials into the north lower.
  • Options

Then after we lose the title in the last minute after an injury time own goal deflecting in off "local boy done good" Elliot's arse Powell will resign in a tearful exit.

Thirty eight thousand  replica shirt - clad Addicks will then congregate outside the Valley for a midnight vigil as the club announce that "the king is dead long live the king" before unveiling Carl Leaburn holding a scarf aloft in the window of crossbars as the new Messiah.

Sky news will pronounce Charlton fans as the best in the world and a beer bellied shirtless 50 year old with huge Sword tattoo on his ample gut will teafully proclaim it to be the greatest day in the club's history since the wimpy kiosk was installed in the north upper.

• Options
    LOL quality.
  • Options
    I'd love it if we beat 'em, looooove it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Then after we lose the title in the last minute after an injury time own goal deflecting in off "local boy done good" Elliot's arse Powell will resign in a tearful exit.

Thirty eight thousand  replica shirt - clad Addicks will then congregate outside the Valley for a midnight vigil as the club announce that "the king is dead long live the king" before unveiling Carl Leaburn holding a scarf aloft in the window of crossbars as the new Messiah.

Sky news will pronounce Charlton fans as the best in the world and a beer bellied shirtless 50 year old with huge Sword tattoo on his ample gut will teafully proclaim it to be the greatest day in the club's history since the wimpy kiosk was installed in the north upper.

Whatever you're on, please dont let it get into the water supply
  • Options

5-3-2 (or 3-5-2)

Elliot/Sullivan

Doherty    Dailly?  ??????

Wagstaff/Solly                                                     Evina

Semedo?

Hollands                             Jackson

Hayes

Wright-Phillips/Benson

Probably enough quality for promotion.  And just because Powell is a genuine "nice guy" does not mean he is unable to manage IMO - should be given at least till mid October until any criticism starts, unless it's 100% defeats.  Pre-season all important to get the system (whatever it may be) right - and must include PACE PACE PACE and a more intimidating midfield, esp. when not in possesion.  And Doherty is decent at this level, just reckon he looked poor, because he was surrounded by some poor performances from other players last season.

• Options
    Sullivan
    Solly ?? ?? Evina
    Green Alonso Hollands Jacko
    Hayes BWP