Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tuesday's Moral Dilemma

Sheffield united at home. Relegation 6 pointer

Never done the corporate stuff at a match before, been offered it several times before but simply never wanted to. Rather sit in the same seat i have for many years now, forget my life’s airs and graces, talk to my "19/21 times a year best friends", and shout and just lose myself in the match for 90 minutes.

However, with the distinct chance of relegation, and therefore the reality that the plastic hospitality stuff may well dry up for some time, do i take up the latest offer of free booze and food before, during and after, and show the cooperates what real fans are like in a match that really matters, but be the only one and not be able to share the real passion of an almost certain must win game.

Oh, and risk a real probability of, in that environment, looking like a total nutter (not that i really care too much about that!)

Or do i just say no?

Comments

• Options
    It must really be getting to you mate - today's Monday!!!
  • Options
    Do it, but take your ST along too and if it's too quiet in the box, nip along to the lower north and make some noise! ;o)
  • Options
    Go for it fella! Get fired up on free beer!
    Might be a once in a lifetime oppo!
  • Options
    Do it - it's great.

You will forget where you are and dish out the abuse to the Sheffield players and all you will get is a wry smile from Murray and Whitehand.

The away Directors will be too polite to complain.
  • Options
    and if they do, shoe em in!
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Do it - it's great.

You will forget where you are and dish out the abuse to the Sheffield players and all you will get is a wry smile from Murray and Whitehand.

The away Directors will be too polite to complain.

If it was in the Directors/ business club area, i'd definately do it again-

Unfortunately it's the Barclay's box at the back of the east.

Now you see my dilemma
  • Options
    Ive organised corporate 3 times now (meal in the Millenium Suite and seats in the West)

Usually about 20 of us and I am the lone Charlton fan.

Its great when your winning and can relax a bit but when you're losing and want to get animated with the ref/players I found it horrible because I either had to be myself and get loads of funny looks from clients or not be myself which was worse.
  • Options
    do it, you're not stuck inside the box like we used to be at Selhurst, you can sit in the last row of the East. Get the singing going from up there !
  • Options
    AFKA- Thanks, I didn't realise that you could leave the box.

Sorted!
  • Options
    Personally, I always knock it back and that (sadly) included the World Cup. I object to the whole corporate thing. If people want to go to football they should pay to get in. It's always full of people who don't give a rats ass about what's going on and detracts from the overall atmosphere. Anyone with an ounce of respect for the spirit of football past would tell them to stick it. Is a couple of free lagers and some nibbles worth your soul?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's very principled - you didn't really turn down the World Cup did you???

We usually treat ourselves to hospitaltiy at The Valley once or twice a season - one of the lounges plus West Stand seat. Makes an enjoyable change - usually mainly Charlton fans there doing the same thing, although I do tend to go for the less glamorous games rather than those that would attract gloryhunters...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    We usually treat ourselves to hospitaltiy at The Valley once or twice a season - one of the lounges plus West Stand seat. Makes an enjoyable change - usually mainly Charlton fans there doing the same thing, although I do tend to go for the less glamorous games rather than those that would attract gloryhunters...

And you didn't invite me :(

BTW, tickets sorted for Crossbars :)
  • Options
    Thought you'd get the message eventually, Richard!

See you on the 24th, then (but don't tell Mortimerician, or he'll think we've sold out to the prawn sarnie brigade - does Crossbars count as that?)
  • Options
    Crossbars doesn't count towards the Prawn Sarnie Brigade. It's more like a posh pub coz you have to buy your own beer :(