Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Udinese - Potential link up ?

edited June 2011 in General Charlton
If rumours are true and we are going to have a link up

Have a  look at their current squad

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Udinese_Calcio#Current_squad

Just below they have a list of all their co owned and loaned out players, they have enough loans to give Alan Pardew a wet dream :-o

Comments

• Options
    Good god I'd love to see some (most) of those wearing an addicks shirt next season!!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Charltons next away top black and white stripes?
  • Options

Well we arent going to get players like Floro Flores, D' Agostino, Pepe, Motta or Rossini.

We will get the ones nobody knows about, look at the ones that are on loan at teams you have never heard of. Hopefully someone else comes through the ranks as the next Sanchez and we get to borrow them for a year

• Options
    Guess this would be another reason to be grateful for the vision of Messrs Slater, Jimenez & Varney and the subsequent  "transfer" of Jeff Vetere to The Valley.
  • Options
    Remember the Inter Milan link up, and that was when we were in the Premiership and produced very little, so don't get your hopes up.
  • Options
    Most youngster in Italy and Spain are technically gifted so I'd rather see us playing a Udinese teenager instead of McOxo or Wagstaff
  • Options
    Where has this story come from?
  • Options
    on another thread, was in a couple of Spanish papers as a couple of Spanish clubs have a link up with Udinese too
  • Options
    It seems Jeff Vetere is involved in the link up with Udinese
  • Options
    from the other thread (originally from another forum though) :

Hi, 
    Tenerife supporter here reporting on Mikel Alonso. You have got yourselves a 
    good hard player there in Mikel and he can get himself in the box frequently as 
    well for goal scoring chances. He played a bit part in CD Tenerife´s last season 
    to be honest as he was injured then there was an alledged problem with his 
    contract. 

We had a hopeless season and we have now fallen from La Liga 
    (Premier) to 2nd B in the space of a year. We have had to get rid of 20 players 
    this summer (can´t afford the wages now) most we say good riddance to except 
    three players who fought all the way and Mikel was one of them. 

Slightly 
    different subject but I was reading today in the Spanish press that Italian team 
    Udinese have a sort of agreement with Charlton is this true? 
    The four club 
    link is as follows ; CD Tenerife, Charlton, CF Granada (just been promoted to La 
    Liga) and Cadiz. It is either a done deal or a proposed deal. Basically Udines 
    have a pool of 90 odd players and they then loan them out to "their clubs". 

btw, I run a CD Tenerife Fan Club, Armada Sur and 100´s of ex-pats 
    follow Tenerife at home matches and many away games on the mainland.

All 
    the best
    Chris 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I must be a europhobe or very insular, because I didn't recognise any of those names..........no Messi or Rooney either.

• Options
    They're a fine club and over the years they've managed to punch above their weight with the best scouting system in the world.  I remember a thing on Football Italia about the number of videos their scouts used to churn through.  Always had an innovative method for bringing in players (hence almost winning Serie A with Zico) and have signed a plethora of great players over the years.  A note of caution on this thing 1) for their South American imports Spain will be more attractive in terms of language, culture and work permits and 2) they do have something of a scattergun approach and so we have to anticipate that there'll be good and bad and not to expect a Balbo, Gyan, Sosa, Zico,  Beirhoff, Jorgenson or Amorouso every time.
  • Options
    Nice colour, Large.

;o)
  • Options
    Because all other link ups have gone so well havent they.....

We'll probably end up with their elderly kitman and a couple of under 11's.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Perhaps the Udinese president is conected behind the scenes............ to The Mysterons?

;o)

• Options
    Perhaps the Udinese president is conected behind the scenes............ to The Mysterons?

;o)

Or he is one of the Mysterons!
  • Options
    Think Cadiz made it into La Liga in the last 10 years

very helpful I know
  • Options
    ..... We'll probably end up with their elderly kitman and a couple of under 11's.
    Better options than McCormack...
  • Options

You really are the worlds happiest person atm eh!

Cheers up man!
  • Options
    Just looked up Udinese scouting on Google and there are a few articles talking about what they've done.

It started about 15 years ago and they have something like 50 scouts around the world.

The club might be looking at how Udinese work, maybe getting new contacts etc rather than looking at taking a players loan?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very interesting development if there is any substance to it. It's the sort of thing I would expect Jeff Vetere to have up his sleeve. As previously said I understand Udinese have a very well respected scouting network and I would imagine JV is very familiar with it's working. If I were to hazard a guess I would think that it's season 2012/13 when we might see this kick in with any meaning although this is just based on the thought that these things take a while to sort out and it is very important to select the right players. Could be very interesting.
  • Options
    ..... We'll probably end up with their elderly kitman and a couple of under 11's.
    Better options than McCormack...

Very true.
  • Options
    Because all other link ups have gone so well havent they..... We'll probably end up with their elderly kitman and a couple of under 11's.

We've already got our own elderly Ketman posting on here!

Oh sorry you said kitman!

:-)

• Options
    Requested by admin to repost this here:

"Udinese have just propelled Granada CF back to La Liga in Spain with their loan-link up scheme with the likes of Dani Benitez, Oscar Perez, Alexandre Geijo and Jonathan Mensah playing on-loan in Granada this season turning newly-arrived, pleased to be here's into a free-flowing force.

Granada were promoted from third tier to second in 2009-10 thanks to the shot in the arm from Udinese providing half their squad for peanuts and have gone straight through winning the play offs in 2010-11 to compete in the top division next season for the first time since the mid 1970's.
    If we could get something going with Udinese we could be on to a very very good thing.
    Udinese's academy are churning out top level international footballers at an almost unparalleled rate at the moment.
    Alexis Sánchez and Cristián Zapata are just the tip of a whopping great iceburg."
  • Options
    The speculation re. an Udinese link-up has made AS.com (a frontline Spanish sports newspaper)
    http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/equipos-sello/20110621dasdaiftb_56/Tes
  • Options
    Christ knows what that means ! Just translate it and am none the wiser.
  • Options
    If you use Google Chrome, it can automatically translate the page
  • Options
    Basically it is a summary of the clubs that are apparently the 5 front-runners to be new affiliate clubs with Udinese and a small profile on each of them.

According to that, they want to close a deal with us and Jeff Vetere is a key player in the negotiations. Udinese's owner (Pozzo) fancies an English tie-up as TV revenues are so high and as an ex-PL club with ambition they see us as having both room and ability for improvement.
  • Options

I'm not even sure we'll do that well.  On past experience if a couple of our U16s get a fortnight's training with them, we'll have done well.  Here's hoping it's different this time though.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    In all fairness they have dragged Granada through a hellish two divisions... if there is truth in this and it comes off it's very good news.