Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Name the Six

So CP has made us aware the he is looking to bring in 6 more players. My predictions / hopes are as follows - what are yours? Lets see who gets the most right come the start of the season.

1. Danny Green - much needed to provide competition for waggy and the key service for our strikers. Hopefully he'll choose us over Posh based on club size / long term career potential
2. Magnus Okuonghae - really rated him when Colchester beat us well at their place 2 years ago. Hopefully we can agree a fee.
3. Dave Martin - As CP said he saw Jackson playing inside I feel a left winger could be on the way and DM would fit the bill perfectly (plus Randy has given us hope on this one!) 
4. Rhoys Wiggins - still hopeful this one could come off as Evina is still very young and therefore may suit a 'bit part' role this season (plus I don't see Youga ever returning)
5. Leon Legge - (who I'm guessing was the guy who initially wanted us to double his wages) or Christian Dailly for another year if Leon Legge doesn't reduce his wage demands.
6. Clayton Donaldson - we still need a 4th forward / big target man who we can throw on when we are chasing games and possibly need to be a little more direct / physical

If we get all these I'd be very happy!

Comments

• Options
    be happy with that lot. Maybe Krystian Pearce as CH instead of Legge.
  • Options
    Personally, from everything I've seen written on this board, about these 6 (not seen much about Donaldson)  - then I'd be more than happy if these were the 6.
  • Options
    Peterboro's Joe Lewis between the sticks would be nice.
  • Options
    isnt he at west ham now?
  • Options
    I can see there being 4 names from the above list and maybe two from abroad who we know nothing about (due to Vetere).
  • Options
    I'm sure it was the presenter that said he heard a rumour we wanted 6 more players, not Powell himself.

For me the minimum we need is four centre backs (which might include Doherty and possibly Dailly), another left back, a right winger, a left winger and a target man.

That would give us two players for every position with youngsters as back up.

Will also need a replacement for Francis if he goes to give Solly competition. McCormack's pretty much been replaced with 3 CMs coming in and with Jackson already here. A 5th striker with pace would be nice to have as well.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    isnt he at west ham now?
    Dont think so.  Been in the senior England squad, played for England u 21's and more importantly has impressed me on the three occasions I have seen him!
  • Options

Good shot at some names. Personally, I'd love to see the young kid, Dean Parrett, that we had on loan from Spurs last season back on a season's loan. Thought he bought a bit of class to the midfield and actually played with a bit of passion.

Plus he's another midfielder - and the more midfielders we have, the less likely McCormack is to get another game.

• Options

Bound to have a loan or 2 coming in as well

• Options
    I don't think any of those 6 players will come in to be honest. Apart from possibly Martin and no this is not an offer for a bet!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Joe Lewis is still with Peterborough.

• Options

Haven't a clue who we will get (some names, like Lee Martin last year, come out of the blue).

From the rumours so far, I would like:

1) Green

2) Frimpong

3) Martin (key - to enable Jackson to move inside)

4) Okuonghae

5) ANO Striker (would like an Iwelumo style player)

6) Legge

• Options

Joe Lewis was very error prone last season and despite a good reputation, really not sure if he is a better option than Sullivan or Robbie.

Would be very happy with Green, Donaldson, Dave Martin and at least 2 CB's inc Legge, Colchester CB.

Not sure if we will go back for Wiggins now we have Evina. More likely to sign someone who is versitile or we'll rely on Evina, Jackson (in emergencies) and the loan market if Evina gets injured.

• Options
    I'd be delighted with the first 6 but think we'd have to go some to get all of them bearing in mind what we were told about the budget a while back. All the other incomings will be important but we simply have to get the defence sorted. The likes of Osborne, Legge, Pearce, Wiggins and Adam Smith would all be welcome additions.
  • Options
    My feeling was that we got Evina because we couldn't get Wiggins. If we do get another left back I suspect that it'll be after CP has had a good look at Youga in pre-season. He might also feel that a fit Jackson would still be adequate as cover. Would be happy with any of the others mentioned, although it would be nice to think that we might get another foreigner in through Vetere, as HeavenSE7 says.
  • Options
    Joe Lewis, one of the most over rated players in the country at the moment, and shows how shit the U21 options are in goal.
  • Options
    Tevez and Drogha  hear they are both unhappy could relight the career of them both
  • Options
    Tevez and Drogha  hear they are both unhappy could relight the career of them both
    Us or Gary Madine?
  • Options
    Parret would be good to bring back - he started to look the part after a slowish start.
  • Options
    Parret would be good to bring back - he started to look the part after a slowish start.
    And he was keen on coming back to Charlton this season also!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Joe Lewis, one of the most over rated players in the country at the moment, and shows how shit the U21 options are in goal.
    Interesting opinion. Still makes him one of the best young English keepers though doesnt it?
    Heard from a chum that he fell out with Posh after they rejected a bid from a Premiership team.
    He is still young, has good experience and would be good to mold into to a new team