Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mrs Dowler

edited June 2011 in General Charlton
Good on her for saying what needed to be said. As a parent myself the pure raw emotion in her statement brought tears to my eyes and my heart goes out to their family.

Comments

• Options
    must be very hard indeed to sit through something like that, an absolute nightmare infact, so sad. 
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Don't know how some of these parents carry on.

Very brave people.

• Options

The death sentence doesn't solve anything, but justice has been done. RIP Milly.

• Options
    Listen folks, can we please not turn this thread into a debate about the death penalty. By all means have that debate on another thread, but not here.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Understand that, will edit.
  • Options
    I suppose they carry on because there is nothing else they can do. It is so sad that there are evil slugs (I can't use the word people) out there who can do what that bastard did.
  • Options
    Havnt got kids myself so couldn't begin to contemplate how they must be feeling. As to how can they carry on, it must be extremely difficult but if you just pack up then you are letting the bastard who did it destroy you too plus if you have other children, as the Dowlers do, then you have to carry on for them. RIP Milly.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Absolutely sickening that a rich unpleasant football manager can pay to obtain the services of a judge to effectively buy silence so that the public doesn't get to hear about his torrid extra marital affairs and yet a family that has already been put though hell through no fault of their own, has to endure their lives and that of their murdered daughter being picked over in minute very public detail. Something is very very wrong with our legal system.
  • Options
    I feel saddened that she felt the need to encourage violence even against someone like Bellfield. But as I haven't been in her position, I cannot and do not condemn her for saying it.  As for the nature of the defence and cross examination - a matter for a different thread.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Millies birthday today, she would have been 23 years old.

Legaladdick, I do not believe in the death penalty, torture etc,. But if someone touches my kids then I want them slowly hung drawn and quartered and to suffer a death of a thousand cuts .. thats not rhetoric thats how I feel.  Before I had kids my logical response would have been similar to yours but certainly once I had kids the logic goes out of the window ...... touch my kids at your peril.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    What is also really annoying in this case is that if the Police had done their job properly and traced Bellfield after he had moved not only would they have caught him quicker but would also have prevented him from murdering two other girls.
  • Options
    I have a daughter of Millies age; and I remember the feeling of "there but for the grace of God".
    That footage of Millie ironing brings a tear to my eye; just a young girl at home with her family, with a sense of fun and a light in her eyes, and her whole life before her.
    Tragic and senseless.
    RIP lass.

• Options
    Absolutely sickening that a rich unpleasant football manager can pay to obtain the services of a judge to effectively buy silence so that the public doesn't get to hear about his torrid extra marital affairs and yet a family that has already been put though hell through no fault of their own, has to endure their lives and that of their murdered daughter being picked over in minute very public detail. Something is very very wrong with our legal system.

Well said, stilladdicted . Puts it into perspective, doesn't it .

And agree totally with Kap.

Thinking of the Dowlers today on Millie's birthday and hugging the grandkids tighter than ever.

• Options
    Kap10
    You clearly do believe in the concept of torture.  You can't be a little bit against it.  I hope that (God forbid) if I was ever in the position of anyone who has lost a loved one I would let the law run its course.  The urge to make someone else suffer because you have sufffered is understandable but it doesn't make it right - hence we have a system (for all its faults) which tries to find a balance between a range of competing interests.

And as for LargeAddick's view that 'if the police had done their job properly' Bellfield would have been caught and two others saved, I'm afraid that is unrealistic and benefits from hindsight. 
  • Options

Wow there is some weird thought processes in this thread.

LegalAd so you dont agree with violence against Belfield ? what should we do, all hug him ????

Kap ypu would kill someone if they touched you kids but you dont agree with the death penalty.  This scum bag has violated and murdered at least 3 young kids ------ when is it right to top him then ?

Should there be the death pen ? Legal system gets it wrong so many times is the problem,  Kid killers , serial killers and terrorists do not deserve to walk amongst us -- they deserve NO HUMAN RIGHTS---- nothing. The Guardianista can howel and moralise to they cream em selves --- but this scum deserve PUNISHMENT  or DEATH.

• Options
    To Legaladdick comeback to me when you have a kid.  then tell me about the difference that that leads to in separating the emotion and the logic and how it effects attitudes.

Goonerhater as requested earlier this is noit a thread to debate the death sentence so in your normal style why don't you open up that thread elsewhere and there can be a good old guardianista v mailist debate.
  • Options

There is no justice as long as this piece of scum is alive.  Sorry, but that's just what I feel about the fact that two young women will never get to grow up and live their lives whilst this evil slug whiles away his time in a prison cell....

What the parents had to go through in court was a disgrace and something has to change.  It's about time that we started punishing the criminals and not the victims in this messed up society that we have created.

• Options
    Kap10
    I have two.   And the choice is not between hanging, drawing and quartering on the one hand and hugging on the other as Goonerhater seems to imply.
  • Options

Thought the same off it , total emotion bought on by the system failing on many levels, but in return she gets a guilty as charged result so atleast she knows justice has been done.

problem is with all nonces rapists peado scum they get looked after in jail because of the softly softly way this world looks after scum, from dole boys with no intentions of working all the way through to the child kiling scum like bellfield that walk amongst us.

he will plead insanity suicidal tendancies and spend the remaining of his time in a cushy hospital being out of his nutt on drugs.

i am with the Dowlers but id go further give them an hour with that piece of shit tied up and defenseless like their poor baby girl, and give them the tools to go medival on his arse.

Dont fall out between yourselves just because you have varied degress of justice, some like to follow the system as is others want to get revenge not justice, me i am a revenge man sod justice i would kill and maim if you hurt mine do what you want to me after that.

same as the fella whos house was burgled by that gang and one of them got their just deserts too right break in and you get whats coiming to you

• Options

I agree that the family was put through a terrible ordeal. However, there has been, for example,  a recent spate of false rape accusations made by vengeful or unbalanced women against innocent men. In such cases it must be in the interests of justice to ensure that any witness testifying against a defendant who may face the prospect of years in prison is thoroughly examined by the accused's lawyers to ascertain as certain as is possible that she or he is telling the truth.

Any move to protect the victims of crime must not be at the expense of a defendant's right to defend himself as far as the law allows

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know it is not completely relevant but did anyone see SSN last night?  There is a Scottish footballer whose club are standing by him even though he has been found guilty of performing sex crimes against minors.  He apparently did something over a web cam to a 12 and 14 year old girls, the world is a dark place
  • Options
    Kap10
    I have two.   And the choice is not between hanging, drawing and quartering on the one hand and hugging on the other as Goonerhater seems to imply.
    Sorry I thought i had read you did not but it was a different one. Apologies for that.
  • Options
    No problem.  Very sensitive topic where emotions can run high.