Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bono is very annoying - discuss

2»

Comments

• Options
    U2, great British band.

2 British

2 Paddy's

British or Irish ?

well you haven't listed any irish, so i'd go with british.

Bono Born Dublin

Edge Born East London UK

Larry Dublin

Adam Oxford UK

Also they class or the media class them as a Irish rock band

• Options
    don't mind Bono, but I don't like most of their music since 83 - probably only two songs that I don't find irritating.
    Turned the TV over quite soon last night.
  • Options
    Shut it Bono.
  • Options
    U2, great British band.

2 British

2 Paddy's

British or Irish ?

I think you'll find they come from the Netherlands.

• Options
    Like most rich people they stay rich by not giving it away.
    Not true - Bono is quite generous on the giving front. 

Yeah, I remember him being generous in the court case he instigated about the "stolen" hat.

Don't know if that was the same hat that he spent £1000 on flying it somewhere first class.  That's without him in it you understand.  Undoubtedly the most annoying person on the planet. 

Good voice though - the only redeeming feature of an otherwise talentless rock group.  As for edge - what a rubbish guitarist - completely overrated.

• Options
    heis, but not quite as annoying as either Sting or Geldoff
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Didn't Bono burn the Union Flag?
  • Options
    Like most rich people they stay rich by not giving it away.
    Not true - Bono is quite generous on the giving front. 
    Spent a lot of time trying to avoid paying taxes while telling people that they should give more to charity. 

He didn't beat the record he is the record.  Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

imageimage
    I'll never forgive him for what he did to Randy.
  • Options

How strange. I used to love U2 back in the early 80's. Sunday bloody Sunday etc. I went to a few of their gigs. Last one being Zoo TV at Wembley, which someone on here said was 1994. Gone right off them these days.

A couple of hours ago I put on last night Glasto highlights (as was at Hyde Park) watching Killers.

Saw about 1 min of Bono & had to turn over, saying to my son, what an annoying "up his own arse" , parody of himself he had become.

Then I come on here and see this thread.

NB Kings of Leon - Thursday  & Killers Friday at Hyde Park were excellent   -  ( weather was not excellent.)

• Options

heis, but not quite as annoying as either Sting or Geldoff

Geldoff just edges it over Bono. Both need to learn to shut their gobs occasionally.

Glad to hear Kings of Leon were excellent Covered End.  Seem to have been heavily criticised live for a while now so hadn't bothered to go along and see them.  My sister went to see the Killers on Friday I couldn't afford the tickets so soon after holibobs.  Always lived up to expectations when I've seen them at various festies.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    As for edge - what a rubbish guitarist - completely overrated.

Hence his nickname, his guitar playing was "close to the edge".