Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v Sri Lanka 20/20

What a disgraceful England performance. The spectators should get their money back. Broad as captain? .. Patel?, Dernbach?, Lumb, Kieswetter. And nothing please about 'building for the future', this is top grade international sport and the English hierarchy seem to be treating that concept with contempt.

Comments

• 20/20 cricket is like 5-a-side football. its rubbish.

our test team are world beaters at the moment and in cricket thats all that really matters.

our test team are world beaters at the moment and in cricket thats all that really matters.
    nonsense, spectators were charged a lot of money to attend this rubbish, they have been deprived of anything like a committed performance. Likewise, skysports paid to brodcast this rubbish. the England players should have their fees suspended. Anyway, test cricket will be dead within 10 years .. you wait and see
  • wow nothing like a complete over reaction. 'kin hell.
  • Poor performance by England, but every team has bad days. As it's only a one off I don't think the team can comr under too much criticism, despite not playing well. Also, Sri Lanka are one of the world's best and played brilliantly throughout the game. I agree with Gary, a bit of an overeaction.
  • Poor performance by England, but every team has bad days. As it's only a one off I don't think the team can comr under too much criticism, despite not playing well. Also, Sri Lanka are one of the world's best and played brilliantly throughout the game. I agree with Gary, a bit of an overeaction.
    It wasn't just a bad day, it was the total lack of leadership and effort. As i say above, the excuse of testing out players etc will not do, I suspect that spectators were charged about £40 to attend this rubbish and they deserve better than contemptuous treatment by baby Broad and his spoilt Brats. thta is all I have to say

nonsense, spectators were charged a lot of money to attend this rubbish, they have been deprived of anything like a committed performance. Likewise, skysports paid to brodcast this rubbish. the England players should have their fees suspended. Anyway, test cricket will be dead within 10 years .. you wait and see

Lincs, I agree that it was a non event & lousy performance, bar the batting of Pieterson & Morgan.

However, it's rubbish to say Test cricket will be dead in 10 years.

• More likely that 20/20 will be dead in 10 years.
  • edited June 2011
    20/20 cricket is like 5-a-side football. its rubbish.

This
    More likely that 20/20 will be dead in 10 years.
    And This.

T20 is a like knockabout with your mates in the park. It's an absolute joke that it's played at international level at all. It has its place at county level (and whatever 'local' cricket is played round the world), but that's as far as it goes. Pyjama cricket.
  • edited June 2011
    Wha'appen ? Scores ?

Okay, just seen it on SSN.

9 wickets !