Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Usain Bolt

edited June 2011 in General Charlton
I know this is a joke but it made me laugh off the football rumours site
13 Jun 2011 20:37:25
USAIN BOLT: I WANT TO START FOOTBALL AT CHARLTON

After recently saying to the BBC that he would like to play football once his sprinting career is over. Usain Bolt has said that he thinks he is good enough to play for Manchester United, but he wants to gain experience from the lower leagues of English football first. Usain feels that this will give him a better understanding of the game. Usain chose Charlton as the club he would like to start at.

I was speaking to my brother who is living out near Trelawny (Usain Bolt's hometown) and he says that Usain's father has been in contact with him recently and all the townsfolk are now talking about how Usain Bolt wants to play football, and play for Charlton as well as Manchester United. Usain's reasons for this choice of Charlton are that he wanted to move to a well-supported club, with a good ground and good facilities, and most of all good fans.

Usain feels that Charlton is the place where he can refine his footballing talent by working on his heading ability and flamboyant skills above all.

Comments

• Options
    We've already got speed in Doherty and Daily, no need to sign up Bolt.
  • Options
    I believe he's a keen cricket fan too - perhaps Kent could sign him in the summer?
  • Options
    Reckon he's been having a chat with his mate Deon Burton who told him what a nice bunch we are ?
  • Options
    Irie!
  • Options
    oh dear.
  • Options
    If he joined us we would have him running slower than Doherty before the season is out.
  • Options
    Blokes like that adapt to any sport easy enough
  • Options

Rubbish! Our dog was pretty quick but I wouldn't want him in our back 4 though.

On second thoughts....

• Options

Rubbish! Our dog was pretty quick but I wouldn't want him in our back 4 though.

On second thoughts....

I
    nippy little player whose bite is worse than his bark and loves to snap at ankles.
  • Options

Doesn't he play for Peterborough now?

:-)

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Even if he isn't that good, would probably add a few to the gate. Maybe worth a trial after the Olympics.

• Options
    Watching a programme about him on BBC3...the atmospher at the Jamaican qualifier is unreal.