Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Valley pitch hire

Has anyone here done it? If so how much did it cost and was it worth it?

Comments

• Options
    It's only for a limited few weeks after the season finishes and before the start working on the pitch again. Costs a few thousand
  • Options
    Oh OK. Oh well. 
  • Options

The price is extortionate. As a group of fans wanting to play you would hope the club could help us out and lower the prices, how much will it cost the club to let a bunch of lads play footy on a worn-out pitch for and hour or so? Closer to nothing than £1,500 I would assume.

• Options
    I did it as part of my stag do (joint with another mate) back in May. We had a 4 team tournament with 50 odd blokes so it worked out at £50 a head.

It was a brilliant morning, one i will never forget. The club were very organised and professional throughout.

Yes it was a lot of money but for a once in a lifetime thing i'd recommend it.
  • Options
    Yea I've done it.

Missed a sitter at the covered end. Don't want to put myself through that again
  • Options

The price is extortionate. As a group of fans wanting to play you would hope the club could help us out and lower the prices, how much will it cost the club to let a bunch of lads play footy on a worn-out pitch for and hour or so? Closer to nothing than £1,500 I would assume.

It's about opportunity cost, because there are a limited number of slots. The actual cost is relatively low, but if you can sell that slot to a company who will pay thousands of pounds then in the current situation the club is going to do that, not least because there is no mechanism for deciding which group of fans wanting to play should get the nod.

There might be a business case for a raffle, I suppose. The club did, however, allocate a day to primary schoolchildren this year.
  • Options

Given how often people were trying to organise 'fund-raising' events to give the club a couple of hundred when we were in a dire mess I find this comment ammusing.

If you just want a 'kick-about' then this clearly isn't for you.

• Options
    Yea I've done it.

Missed a sitter at the covered end. Don't want to put myself through that again
    you're not kevin lisbie are you?%-{>